The Screwed Gamers Community Forums

Full Version: 2017 Series Test Night - November 3rd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
On November 3rd we'll be holding a series test night for 2017 and the final two rounds of the Muscle Car Masters. We may also do some social racing if we cover everything quickly enough.

On the night we will be testing the following for viability and racing quality:
GT3/GTE, understandably some vehicles on this list would probably require balancing, the idea is to determine how much work would be involved.
Formula Ford, likely a support series
Classic F1 using the 1976 vehicles
TCC using any vehicle from the STCC, WTCC, or BTCC
RS200's, an old classic
Modern Hatchback, using any C class hatchback
Bring Your Own (A Class) Series
Mini Cooper Classic
MX-5 Cup
CotF 2.0 (would require a bit of work bringing some cars up to spec and getting them balanced, but I think we'd manage it if we worked together)

I've personally made the decision to remove modern Formula 1 and IndyCar's from the list as these vehicles are easily damaged and not very fun to drive when damaged.

We won't be using V8's on the night because we already know the kind of racing we get out of those, this is purely to see if we can find anything that can out-do them (plus looking at a few support ideas too).
Should be fun.
So is this purely for Forza then or is there a separate night for Pcars?
Thought it might be worthwhile if not on a test night, maybe at the end of a standard PCars round, we run the Falcon?
We'll have a seperate night for pCARS, looking at the possibility of October 27th so we have both tests close together and we can get all the votes running at the same time (from the 4th of November or something)
Okay so I've come up with a bit of an oddball idea around the A class "Bring your own" series...

An A class "Bring someone elses" series
In sort of a Secret Santa style way we could all randomly be given someone to build a car for, make it the dirtiest tune you possibly can, and then download the tune that is set for us. So we all end up having a car built by / set up by someone else to race in, so it would be a real laugh trying to drive some of the cars. I guess it's not a great idea for a competitive series but for a social one I think it could be quite fun.

Regardless, at this early point I like either the BYO A class series, or the tcc series for support classes, but the BYO series may have to be regulated to stop overpowered cars.
(08-24-2016, 03:49 AM)Scav3nger Wrote: [ -> ]CotF 2.0 (would require a bit of work bringing some cars up to spec and getting them balanced, but I think we'd manage it if we worked together)

I've tentatively added this one to the list, I'm not sure how much of a chance we'd get to test it on the night though but I'd like to get an idea of if it would be possible to work in a new version of CotF. Though this is perhaps not necessary as we have current generation V8's now that we would likely preference over custom CotF builds. Perhaps this will be something we can look at more in Forza 7 when Gen 2 CotF actually comes into effect if the game doesn't feature them.
(08-24-2016, 03:49 AM)Scav3nger Wrote: [ -> ]Modern Hatchback, using any C class hatchback
Mini Cooper Classic
Bring Your Own (A Class) Series
MX-5 Cup
RS200's, an old classic
Classic F1 using the 1976 vehicles
TCC using any vehicle from the WTCC or BTCC
Formula Ford (EcoBoost 200), likely a support series
GT3/GTE

Given GT's are off the table now it's shaping up to be a support series social night, I've sorted the list into a bit of an order of how we'll run through them. We might, depending on how we're going for time, go back and re-try a couple of the more popular ones to get a good idea of what we all prefer. At this point the V8's will continue as our main series in 2017.
Was the bring your own A class car upgraded provided it was still within A class once upgrades were done?
Just realised i will be away this week so wont be able to contribute sorry. I guess depending on outcomes from this test night, a second one could always go ahead. Otherwise given i wont be racing, it shouldnt matter much.
Always good to have your input though z00lu, maybe not specifically with car choice but more race and round structure.
Pages: 1 2 3