The Screwed Gamers Community Forums

Full Version: Rumble update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The rumble game mode would be great fun if it weren't for the frame rate / lag issues. But not sure if it is isolated to rumble because I was having similar issues in Standard as well. Anyone else getting these problems?
I've seen a lot of comments on the Rocket League subreddit about Xbox One performance taking a hit with this update so I don't think it's intentional. Have to wait and see if there's a patch otherwise Tuesday night for the Soccar final could be a problem.

Edit: A Psyonix rep on the Rocket League subreddit has this comment about a hotfix:

Quote:We've identified the specific issue connected to the Xbox framerate drop. Because all versions need to be the same to support cross-network play, we must now go through the standard certification process on all three platforms before the hotfix can be released. This could take a few days because of the upcoming weekend, hence the "sometime next week," timeframe.

Edit 2: Easily the best part of the update: Being able to equip items specific to which team you are on. I can now equip Ion Blue when I'm on Blue Team and Ion Yellow when I'm on Orange xD

Edit 3: Just played the craziest game on Neo Tokyo, two guys got tornados at the same time and got stuck to the roof, we had one goal occur before anyone had any rumble boosters, and with 1 second left in the game at the kickoff it gave me a boxing glove I used to punch the ball straight into the other guy before it bounced straight into the goals.

We ended up winning 7-6.

Rumble is fun.
Is the grandfinal to be played or nah?
There is a Rocket League update. 1.54GB
I'm about to test a few things out, might have to wait until later when more people are home to properly test custom lobbies just to make sure everything is ship-shape
Rumble is best played as 3v3 in private matches. Last night was hilarious!

Funniest power-ups for me:
  • Boost your opponent - best used when they are in the air and watch them fly off out of control
  • Freeze ball - freezing the ball just as two or three players converge on it and are like WTF, as they scramble to try and hit the ball
The combinations of power ups and when they are used makes every match so different.

Should do a social match or two and stream it doing an Aussie man review type commentary to it. Probably not on the TSG channel as we would be saying many inappropriate things