Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Structure and Changeup Discussion
So you have 9 rounds but can only use a single car for a maximum of 3 races? Then change to another? Can you change back later, or no?
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I think what he is getting at is having the same as what the DVS previously was, but rather than changing every round we use a car for three rounds and move on to the next.

I have another suggestion for this myself, we could have two or three different class cars, set builds or spec, and you can use each car for three rounds. The catch being that you get to nominate which rounds you run which car. Sort of like a joker round I guess, but there's three of them.

So it would look like this for example:
Car choices- Mini cooper, BMW M3 (B Class build), Maserati GT (Whatever it is)
Round 1: Mini
Round 2: GT
Round 3: Mini
Round 4: BMW
Round 5: BMW
Round 6: Mini
Round 7: GT
Round 8: GT
Round 9: BMW

And someone else may choose different, say run the GT car in round 5 instead of the BMW and round 7 run the beamer.

The possible problem I see is having such a diverse field every round may not see much close racing.
[Image: rrmsig_zpslkmqwh3b.png]
Curious to know if people would rather have the test night after the last round of the V8's rather than having a janky break between the penultimate round and the season finale? The Muscle Cars would still run the same nights as planned but the test night would move from October 13th to November 3rd. Since we're not starting championships until the following March there's still plenty of time to organise series based around preferences from the test night.

Alternatively we can all just vote on the stuff now and the 3rd of November can be a Muscle Cars finale and social night 2016 season send-off...

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I wouldn't mind that at all scav
Even if those memories make me sad, I have got to go forward believing in the future. Even when I realize my loneliness, and am about to lose hope those memories make me stronger. Im not alone. Because of you. - Rin (Shelter The Animation)

Shelter is so wonderful and beautiful Heart
(08-19-2016, 10:52 AM)MRN3 Wrote: I wouldn't mind that at all scav

Voting now or moving the test night? Need to be a bit more specific, haha.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Yeah I wouldn't mind that.
I would agree with pushing the test night back as you have mentioned.

I also wonder if even a preliminary poll in the lead up to the test night, may help eliminate some series suggestions, allowing for the testing to be better focused?

Though I think a form would be better than a poll on the forums here, that way you can list all the series with key info (eg. muscle cars has no damage etc). and then have a scaling for the answers:

1. Would love to see this series next year
2. Doesn't worry me if we race this series or not
3. No thanks

Any that series that gets over 50% of the votes for either answer would be given priority on the test night, the rest can be done if there is time or if we have a second test night. You never know - something that gets majority of answers 2 and 3, may prove to be the most popular if everyone gives it a shot................
(08-21-2016, 10:02 AM)z00lu Wrote: I also wonder if even a preliminary poll in the lead up to the test night, may help eliminate some series suggestions, allowing for the testing to be better focused?

At this rate I'm feeling like a poll would be nearly useless anyway as there's only five or six people who seem to check the forums regularly (admin panel suggests there are 6 active users) out the 40+ people that have registered at the moment. Even if it was a poll you didn't have to login to vote in it, we're probably only going to see seven, maybe eight, votes in it anyway.

I'm starting to wonder if it's worth having the level of community input I'm trying to have if there's very little active community with which to draw ideas from.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Yes it is unfortunate we can't yet get a decent spread of activity but we keep pressing on to hopefully build this up more over next year. Perhaps instead just run the test nights and get a feel for what people like and don't like on the night and go with the more popular series for next year.

Hopefully time will be on my side to help produce more content via spectating some races and converting them to race replays. This should help build the community and the level of participation from everyone here on the forums
It would be interesting to hear some responses from everyone who is/has been racing in CANZ and RGL ORC as to what they want or think would help build the community further. Content aside, what is missing?

Could it just be that the current gen games are the main problem?

Would anyone really want to jump on Forza 4 for a series? I cant see this working unless backward compatibility for the game happens.....

If it is the current game titles what can we do with them to make them more appealing?
Are there more places we can drop the canz name to attract more people?

These are things we should all think about in the lead up to and during the two test nights for forza and pcars

One thing I would throw out there, is what if we were to run canz on Tuesday nights instead of Thursday's - would that change anything?