Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 pCARS Test Night - Oct 27th
Pretty straight forward this one, simply put we're testing GT3's, the Ford V8, and a couple other ideas for series we might be able to run.

We won't be using Formula B's, we know what they're like already.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I think it would be cool to see something classic as a support category on PCars, just personal preference
[Image: rrmsig_zpslkmqwh3b.png]
How about a special event series, where we see specific vehicles on specific tracks each round. So one round might be the super karts on Bathurst and another round might be an open wheeler on Monza etc
We'll have a bit of time to try out a few different things. Probably won't really use Formula A, damage really easy and are a bitch to drive with damage, even with a wheel.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
One thing we should look at for future series with PCars is the available liveries for the vehicles intended for use in a series and ensure we don't run something where the vehicle only offers a limited number, resulting in more than one driver using the identical livery and car number. Also think it would be beneficial if we keep a Pcars number register in the OP specific to that series.

EG. for a V8 Supercar Series, in the OP for that series thread, there would be a register of vehicle numbers as per in game liveries. Then if we have a support series say with Formula Rookie, the OP in its thread would have its own register for vehicle numbers.

May not hurt to include the team name as well.

This sort of information and organisation will help immensely if trying to stream/create full race replays from spectator mode.
I think it would be a good idea instead of listing the CANZ driver number listing their car number, livery name, or manufacturer would help. I did start along this line with the SCS but didn't carry it along as I didn't enforce livery choice straight away. Something I think I'd change for next series.

Would also help to create "spotters guides" so everyone has a reference image to know who they're looking at.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I feel like this is coming from the fact that people can't remember what cars they were driving themselves, but nonetheless a good idea. And if there are two numbers the same then you could possibly limit it so that once a number is chosen, any other livery with the same number can't be chosen. Or one could be classified as say 19, and the other as 19a.
[Image: rrmsig_zpslkmqwh3b.png]
Partly to do with remembering cars and numbers but from my point of view, it is mainly to help with making attempts at race replays that bit easier.
I guess I'll have to work on some replay graphics over the off season, something which hides the gawdy game interface when you're in spectator mode. Last I checked it had that interface in both live feeds and replays so unless it's changed we'll need to do a bit work covering them up.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Although it would have been nice to have a couple more drivers last night, we did manage to eleiminate some options and also find a support series, or main series depending on the car selection for the second series.....

As i mentioned, i would be interested in checking out the Radicals and either of the Renault Clio Cup or Megane cars. Provided we pick the right track, closer racing with slower cars can be a lot of fun. Also would like to see some more testing of settings and rules for potential series so that strategy is just as important as overall speed.