Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VASC Enduro Season 2016 Prediction Comp
(09-12-2016, 06:54 AM)Scav3nger Wrote: Sandown 500 QUALIFYING & PRACTICE:

Pole position (100p): Jamie Whincup
Last place (25p): Cameron Waters
Fastest lap time in practice across all sessions (50p): 1:08.9245 (J. Whincup, Practice 4)

Sandown 500 RACE:

What lap will the first safety car appear on (not including a start under the safety car) (20p): Lap 1
Who will be involved in the first crash (can be a single car crash) (20p): James Golding/#34
How many Safety Cars will occur across the whole race (50p): 2
Who will set the fastest lap of the race (50p): Anyone able to source this? I haven't been able to find a result anywhere
Who will be the first to retire from the race (25p): Car #34 Moffat/Golding
How many DNF's will there be (50p): 2
Which team (ie FPR, Red Bull, Tekno) will be the first to stuff up a pit stop, includes driver stalling the car (30p): Tim Slade (earned a drive through for failing to do up seat bealt before leaving pit box)
How many ad breaks will there be in the Free-to-air coverage (from the start of the race, to completion of the final lap) - (40p): 15
Who will win (100p): Garth Tander/Warren Luff
Podium positions (name the three teams on the podium in order - must be exact) (300p (100 for each correct answer, 50 if they're on the podiun but in a different position)):
Tander/Luff
SVG/Premat
W Davison/Webb

Thread is unlocked for results. Anyone who made a bet and lost should deposit their lost bets to the admin account. Anyone who won, post and I'll distribute points accordingly.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
it was Whincup who got the official pole position for the race
If we're going off Qualifying Race result then it also changes who got last place.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(09-19-2016, 05:03 AM)Scav3nger Wrote:
(09-12-2016, 06:54 AM)Scav3nger Wrote: Sandown 500 QUALIFYING & PRACTICE:

Pole position (100p): Jamie Whincup
Last place (25p): Cameron Waters
Fastest lap time in practice across all sessions (50p): 1:08.9245 (J. Whincup, Practice 4)

Sandown 500 RACE:

What lap will the first safety car appear on (not including a start under the safety car) (20p): Lap 1
Who will be involved in the first crash (can be a single car crash) (20p): James Golding/#34
How many Safety Cars will occur across the whole race (50p): 2
Who will set the fastest lap of the race (50p): Anyone able to source this? I haven't been able to find a result anywhere
Who will be the first to retire from the race (25p): Car #34 Moffat/Golding
How many DNF's will there be (50p): 2
Which team (ie FPR, Red Bull, Tekno) will be the first to stuff up a pit stop, includes driver stalling the car (30p): BJR/Tim Slade (earned a drive through for failing to do up seat bealt before leaving pit box)
How many ad breaks will there be in the Free-to-air coverage (from the start of the race, to completion of the final lap) - (40p): 15
Who will win (100p): Garth Tander/Warren Luff
Podium positions (name the three teams on the podium in order - must be exact) (300p (100 for each correct answer, 50 if they're on the podiun but in a different position)):
Tander/Luff
SVG/Premat
W Davison/Webb

On this info (not counting the fastest race lap because I still can't find it) I scored one fity points for Whincup/PD pole and SVG/Premat being on the podium (but in the wrong spot).

So I'm a net 50 points down because of my novelty bet. Going to need to lift my game for Bathurst.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
So are we all working out our own points or have you got a spread sheet tracking this Scav?
I think I have a good idea on how to do this type of thing next year.
This was very last minute for this year so I've got nothing like a spreadsheet or anything. I really can't do any serious work on it until I know who set the fastest lap in the race. Unless we just exclude that?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
In the meantime while Sandown results get sorted, if anyone has some ideas for questions to use for Bathurst, send me and Scav a PM. Need them by the end of the coming week (Sept 30).
If we dont get any, the answers will be sorted by either Scav or me or both of us.
(09-22-2016, 02:39 PM)z00lu Wrote: In the meantime while Sandown results get sorted, if anyone has some ideas for questions to use for Bathurst, send me and Scav a PM. Need them by the end of the coming week (Sept 30).
If we dont get any, the answers will be sorted by either Scav or me or both of us.

Don't you mean questions? :p
Haha, yep questions......
Scav and I are working on a google form for Bathurst predictions, this way questions will also provide information such as team names, the full driver list etc relevant to the questions. No more needing to think of who all the drivers are!

Also all the answers are automatically collected on a Google sheet so working out answers and points can be done more quickly. Hopefully we have the form available by the end of the weekend so you have at least 3 days to submit your predictions

We should be able to work out a way to share everyone's predictions as well so we all know what each other has picked prior to the race.