Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TSG Soccar Season II Pre-Planning
[Image: SoccarSeasonII.png]

Hello Everyone,

Just a little update to keep you guys up to speed on planning for Season II. So far we've got a few ideas down for how we'll work the system for the next season, however to test the ideas we need to start getting numbers together so we have an idea of who's playing and who's interested in captaincy, so we can trial our ideas and see which one works best. The form has three options this time:

Gamertag - Speaks for itself
Self Skill Appraisal - Where you can select a tier you think you play at
Captaincy Interest - Whether you are interested in captaincy opportunities or not. Answering yes to this does not guarantee you will be a captain, just whether you may be interested should we need more captains.

At the following link you'll find the registration form for Season II, below that I'll outline our ideas that we'll be trialling over the coming weeks once we get some idea of numbers.
http://screwedgamers.com/season-ii-registration/

Firstly, and probably most importantly, as we've already acknowledged previously Season I's format was not a very good idea. Teams were hastily thrown together with little to no communication between captains (and some players) regarding who was playing with who and how salary caps worked. So we've scrapped that idea and will be looking at two alternatives which I will outline for your input now.

Option A: Standard Draft

A standard draft would see all captains jump into a party chat (or online chatroom should any PC players with no access to Xbox Live sign up we'll need to organise an alternative, cross that bridge if we come to it though) and cycle through the player list starting from the last placed team to finish the previous championship to the top picking one player each. After each team has made their first selection, the process repeats from the bottom, and proceeds to the top until all players are rostered to teams. The remaining players will become substitute options.

An example from Season I's results would see the selections taking place as follows:
Pick 1: Marauders
Pick 1: Spartans
Pick 1: Sharks
Pick 1: Devils
Pick 1: Raiders
Pick 1: Knights
Pick 2: Marauders
Pick 2: Spartans
Pick 2: Sharks
Pick 2: Devils
Pick 2: Raiders
Pick 2: Knights

Option B: Serpentine Draft

A serpentine draft would see the captains make their selections in a serpentine fashion rather than a rotating order. In this version we would have to work out in which order we would do it but an example would be as follows, again as per Season I results:
Pick 1: Marauders
Pick 1: Spartans
Pick 1: Sharks
Pick 1: Devils
Pick 1: Raiders
Pick 1: Knights
Pick 2: Knights
Pick 2: Raiders
Pick 2: Devils
Pick 2: Sharks
Pick 2: Spartans
Pick 2: Marauders

At this point in time it should also be pointed out we're looking at increasing the salary cap for teams 5 and 6 on the ladder (Spartans and Marauders) to 1.2 million to give them a bit of extra headroom if they would like to try and take advantage of it.

We'll trial both these options in both directions to determine which is best for generating balanced teams. Of course if anyone has any other ideas or suggestions, feel free to fire them through to us.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
There are currently 9 registrations submitted. We'll be closing registrations on October 13th (the night of the CANZ V8 Finale) so make sure your registrations are in before then. We'll need time to test our draft plans and make sure the captains are aware of how it works before holding the draft, which we'll need to do promptly as we're aiming to get the season underway before the end of October.

I feel the need to point out that at this stage we wouldn't have sufficient registrations to run another full season this year, the best we would be able to do at present is a few exhibition matches creating structured teams from those that have registered. Still over a week to go though so plenty of time for more registrations to roll in.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(10-02-2016, 11:58 AM)Scav3nger Wrote: I feel the need to point out that at this stage we wouldn't have sufficient registrations to run another full season this year, the best we would be able to do at present is a few exhibition matches creating structured teams from those that have registered. Still over a week to go though so plenty of time for more registrations to roll in.

We're now up to 11 (12 if you count z00lu who still hasn't actually submitted his entry yet), we're getting close to numbers we'd like for a 6 team competition (staying at 6 teams this time to avoid headaches), so we're aiming for 20 or 21 players so we have a couple of substitutes if teams need them. I'd go out on a limb and say the TWTP guys are all in as well which would take us to 15. DaddyDavis didn't submit the first form but still ended up playing so he would take us to 16, and Doc I recall said he might give it another go so we'd be at 17 if he's also in... So we'd be close if that all falls into place.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reminder that registrations for Season II close tonight!

http://screwedgamers.com/season-ii-registration/

The following players have submitted registrations:
Drifter
Woebe
Hunter
Alsimo
Data
Scav3nger
z00lu
Chaos
deadx
Brute
Zola
Furious

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
So adding to that the twtp boys, daddydavis and Doc, we have 17. Ill get on to shredder and see if he can be reliable and keen enough to play. I think he would be if he is a team listed player and not a sub.

That would give us 18 so 6 teams and no subs.

Who is missing so far from last season? I can think of Dragon and hellspawn so far.
Slinn? I've sent him through a message just to check as I'm not sure how often he checks the forums or the Facebook page.

Edit: Slinn is also in.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
This is the player list from Season I, players in green have confirmed for Season II, players in Orange have previously said they're interested but did not submit a registration through the website, all others are unconfirmed:

z00lu
MRN3Drifter
Brute x Magicz
Alsimo
TrueZola I 25 I
Workingdata5140
deadx89
Clasfied Hunter
MrDaddyDavis
woebegone6
Chaos 7h30ry
XDrinkTilDeathX
NuclearMajor69
xXFuriousWolfxx
NuclearNinja23
Im SlinnShady
Scav3nger
x06 The Doc 06x
UnusedDragon488
Hypershadow19
Archalees Prime
hell5pawn77
Shredder1985
ollie9394 (has already confirmed he won't likely be able to take part)

Anyone who is orange above, would they be able to let us know ASAP if they're in or not? A post here or an Xbox Live message or similar will work.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
The TWTP boys are in.
good to see we are nearing season 2, hopefully aerials are more of a thing this time around, last season was pretty dud Tongue
[Image: Brute+x+Magicz.png]
Hi I'm Josh and I have just registered for the rocket league season 2 series. I am Clintons cousin ( Classified Hunter). I am sorry for not registering earlier but I have now and would be great if I can join.
My gamertag is joshman808.

Thanks.