Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virgin Australia SuperCars 2016
I didn't have Whincup on my podium for this very reason. He gets to the end of an endurance race where he's looked solid all race and does some stupid shit that puts him out of it. If it's not fuel, it's a brain fade.

Fancy braking where he did to redress the position to McLaughlin? Surely it would have been better to let Tander go and redress McLaughlin on the main straight? Instead two cars were out of the race and he missed the win.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
He didn't want Tander to get passed him because they were fighting for the effective race lead, so he slowed and blocked him to not loose another spot
(10-09-2016, 11:09 AM)CrashCaderz Wrote: He didn't want Tander to get passed him because they were fighting for the effective race lead, so he slowed and blocked him to not loose another spot

Yeah but they had the clearly faster car all weekend, I honestly think the race still would have been won by Whincup had he redressed and let Tander go and delt with it from there. Especially as there was the safety car for the Nissan that grouped the field up again. Ultimately he was penalised for bumping McLaughlin off (which they've appealed), and McLaughlin has been penalised for his re-entry (which I reckon is a bit stiff because of Whincup slowing Tander and himself down trying to quickly redress had they kept pace they would have been clear before McLaughlin got back to the track).

I'll also say that I think Gracie ruined the #360's race today. She took far too long to get up to speed and by the time Simona got in the car she was spending too much time dodging cars on the lead lap to set consistently fast times. I haven't really seen enough of her to know, but Renee's performance today really doesn't justify the amount of attention she seems to get; and it's honestly not surprising Supercars are putting the money to funding Simona over Renee.

Anyway, I have some numbers:
Lap 7 Break 1
Lap 15 Break 2
Lap 24 Break 3
Lap 30 Break 4
Lap 38 Break 5
Lap 44 Break 6
Lap 49 Break 7
Lap 52 Break 8
Lap 57 Break 9
Lap 67 Break 10
Lap 70 Break 11
Lap 73 Break 12
Lap 78 Break 13
Lap 86 Break 14
Lap 92 Safety Car 1
Lap 94 Break 15
Lap 101 Break 16
Lap 108 Break 17
Lap 110 Safety Car 2
Lap 110 Break 18
Lap 111 Break 19
Lap 115 Break 20
Lap 122 Break 21
Lap 128 Break 22
Lap 134 Safety Car 3
Lap 135 Break 23
Lap 143 Break 24
Lap 151 Safety Car 4
Lap 157 Safety Car 5

Total Ad Breaks: 24
Total Safety Cars: 5

Total Race Time: 06:19:25

Number of cars on lead lap: 13

Number of cars DNF: 8

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I've got Whincup guilty of putting McLaughlin off and has to take some responsibility for the incident with Tander and McLaughlin. McLaughlin was in the wrong for unsafe re-entry but Tander was blocked and had nowhere to go. What was he supposed to do, just sit behind Whincup and wait till he sorted his mess out that GT had nothing to do with?

I have a bad feeling the appeal will be successful because they said the penalty is for putting McLaughlin off the track and had nothing to do with the rest of the incident. If it was purely a penalty for putting McLaughlin off then how does he get a 15sec penalty - something I haven't seen handed down to a driver yet this season for a similar type of incident. Because of the crash, Whincup was unable to redress, but his attempt to do so is what caused all the shit.

Here's hoping it gets rejected and at Gold Coast, Whincup bins it big time in the first few laps.

Otherwise, was disappointed for Lowndes and Frosty, and pretty happy to see a different Bathurst winner. DJR did pretty good with both cars high up in the top ten
http://www.supercars.com/news/championsh...38450227=1

Stewards Summary answers some more questions:
"A PLP on Car #15, Rick Kelly/Russell Ingall, for a Pit Lane Infringement on Lap 92 (rotate wheels in pit stop)" - Nissan were first to stuff up a pit stop.

Pit Lane Penalties, there were five:
A PLP on Car #15, Rick Kelly/Russell Ingall, for a Pit Lane Infringement on Lap 92 (rotate wheels in pit stop);
A PLP on Car #888, Craig Lowndes/Steven Richards, for a breach of the Safety Car Re-start procedures on Lap 94 (fail to traverse pit lane when 2 or more laps down at restart);
A PLP on Car #23, Michael Caruso/Dean Fiore, for a Pit Lane Infringement on Lap 114 (fail to give way to a Car already wholly in the fast lane);
A PLP on Car #22, James Courtney/Jack Perkins, for a Driving Infringement (driving excessively slowly under Safety Car conditions);
A PLP on Car #4, Shae Davies/Chris van der Drift, for a breach of the Safety Car Re-start procedures on Lap 156 (fail to traverse pit lane when 2 or more laps down at restart).

A reposition upon Car #15, Rick Kelly/Russell Ingall, for a driving infringement (Careless Driving – causing contact with Car #111, Chris Pither/Richie Stanaway, at Turn 1 on Lap 10) - Are we classifying this as the first crash?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Were we classifying a pit stuff up as one that received a penalty? Because there was a stuff up by another team that cost the. Time, I just can't remember which team, but fairly sure it was earlier than lap 92.

I would classify Jones hitting the wall in the BOC car as the first crash as it triggered a safety car and is more of a crash than a bump and run that pither and Kelly had.

I was unable to record the race this year because the guide on my set top box played up on Sunday. Worked fine Saturday just not Sunday.....seeif I can get a copy off the internets
Ah fair enough on all counts. I recorded from about lap 15.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Just been announced that the Supercars National Court of Appeal has dismissed triple 8's appeal of the 15 sec penalty they received at Bathurst. That means Will Davo and Jono Webb are officially the winners of the 2016 Bathurst 1000.

About bloody time common sense prevailed.

https://www.facebook.com/supercars/posts...9665974506
So we have an amazing new category coming next year called Super Utes

http://www.supercars.com/news/championsh...39392445=1
Even if those memories make me sad, I have got to go forward believing in the future. Even when I realize my loneliness, and am about to lose hope those memories make me stronger. Im not alone. Because of you. - Rin (Shelter The Animation)

Shelter is so wonderful and beautiful Heart
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

No.

I'd rather see them racing 10 year old Commodore and Falcon Utes than racing Crew Cab Utes around.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻