Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TSG's Soccar Championships - Season II
saw that coming
Alright so, we've had a bit of an issue with this season that hasn't particularly played out well beyond the draft. In my ongoing efforts to keep you guys involved in the decision making process I want to put a few proposals forward publicly and get your input as well as any other ideas you have:

Option 1: Continue this season as is, playing the remaining games on Tuesday 30th, face the same problems we had last night.
Option 2: Continue this season playing games on Wednesday instead of Tuesday
Option 3: Restart the season after New Year and ensure we reduce conflicts with other events (such as AusFIFA)
Option 4: Restart the entire season and start fresh after New Year, including doing a new draft with the new players included (Murpho, Shacker, etc who aren't currently included)
Option 5: Other (Please Specify)
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Assuming you mean scrap all matches played so far (as in pre season, season I and season II) with regards to option 4, then i would be happy to go with this, though here are some suggestions to go with it:

1. Start the season at the beginning of Feb next year
2. Between now and then, we host rocket league social nights wherever possible
3. Use these social nights to grade everyone in readiness for the new first season

These social nights will also determine whether we go with a 3v3 or 2v2 format based on attendance levels. We track who plays each night and how many games etc. So over the next two months, we may have 16 regulars who play every night, then we may have 6 who jump on 50% of the time etc. Based on that you would likely go with a 2v2 of 8 teams or maybe a 3v3 with 5 teams.

If we are streaming most nights, this may also garner more players, increasing the player pool both in numbers and variation in skill levels. More details could be worked out later regarding the draft and captains etc.

One thing to note, these next two months are possibly the hardest to assess reliability of players due to holidays and family commitments etc, so pushing the first season to March may be the way to go.
option 5: can we push for earlier starts? it does reduce conflict between events example: have two games from 8pm to 9pm and a third game at 10:30pm or jus go with two games for the week?

my opinion is that would benefit most people, however if there is a problem like Al not being able to play before 9pm, then we can postpone those matches to the next day or so on.

also on another note this week people may have had other agenda's on and that was short notice but it will better prepare people for next week if you are online at least on 15 minutes before commencing the matches, it ensures everyone is good to go at the time you guys set
(11-23-2016, 02:08 AM)Chaos 7h30ry Wrote: option 5: can we push for earlier starts? it does reduce conflict between events example: have two games from 8pm to 9pm and a third game at 10:30pm or jus go with two games for the week?

my opinion is that would benefit most people, however if there is a problem like Al not being able to play before 9pm, then we can postpone those matches to the next day or so on.

also on another note this week people may have had other agenda's on and that was short notice but it will better prepare people for next week if you are online at least on 15 minutes before commencing the matches, it ensures everyone is good to go at the time you guys set

As much as i like the idea of earlier starts, i think that is going to be too hard to achieve for many people, but also we would still be trying to get matches done by a specific time. This reduces the amount of opportunity we have to get games streamed or captured to create content, and it wont be as enjoyable because we will all feel pushed for time

Also currently our player pool hasnt got enough reliable people in there - every week we need at least two subs even on a night that has no scheduling confilcts. Since the draft there is only one or two teams that have played with ther original roster.....

A an example for me my ability to play Thursday nights is going to be very difficult. Tuesday is my best option, followed by maybe Wednesday's. Others may have the ability to play any night, making catch up matches an easy option for others it is not.

I feel we need reliabilty first, then work out a schedule that best suits those players that fall in this group.
While we have got through two seasons so far, but it has been frustrating to see so many subs required to get matches over the line. Understandably everyone has lives of their own and personal things come up unexpectedly. This isnt something we should expect everyones lives to revolve around.

Some perspective:
A lot of this has come about due to a clash with other gaming schedules (with foresight this could be avoided)
Timing for this season and trying to squeeze it in this close to years end has contributed to where we are at
Trying to please everyone regarding comp equality and scheduling will be impossible
What if the rounds take place on a Monday or Wednesday, but two matches from that weeks round is played on a Tuesday where I can capture/stream as feature matches. I am fine to forgo playing in the comps and do this instead. I could possibly be a sub on the other nights. I can get my rocket league fix after the feature matches Tuesday by hosting some social matches.

A benefit of this, is that we only need to fit two matches in before 9:30pm on a Tuesday, less matches to fit in on the main night of gaming, and those taking part in the comp get a chance to watch some matches if they aren't playing tuesdays

This is assuming we start from scratch next year.
I wouldn't mind starting from scratch again with hopes to add another team to the already growing list. Also i kinda like zoolu's idea as well as it gives people who want to join but not sure a chance to see how good it is
Even if those memories make me sad, I have got to go forward believing in the future. Even when I realize my loneliness, and am about to lose hope those memories make me stronger. Im not alone. Because of you. - Rin (Shelter The Animation)

Shelter is so wonderful and beautiful Heart
Until we get the matches up on the website, here is the remaining fixture for the season:

ROUND 7
Sharks v Marauders
Devils v Raiders
Knights v Spartans

ROUND 8
Raiders v Sharks
Spartans v Marauders
Knights v Devils

ROUND 9
Sharks v Spartans
Raiders v Knights
Marauders v Devils

ROUND 10
Knights v Sharks
Devils v Spartans 
Marauders v Raiders

Matches remaining from last week are in a previous post (page 3 of the thread)
Does ash have a sub for me?

Hate to leave him high and dry.
I think I have crossed off all matches played so far, but double check and post if I have missed something.

And Hunter to answer your question, the only way Ash will have a sub to fill a team is if they play on a Thursday so Ninja and Murpho can play for either knights or devils, assuming Shacker is going to be around. Once Knights are finished their matches, Murpho could then play for Devils any night.