Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video Creators Discussion
Similar to a thread from the RGL days, this is here for everyone to discuss ideas, ask questions and share knowledge on video creation for gaming and general videos.

I'll be posting here soon looking for feedback on the options we have around generating full race replays through the use of the spectator mode in Project Cars. At this stage Forza's version of this does not offer much in the way of race information therefore it won't get a look in, in its current state.
So here is the first test video.

Things to fix are audio levels for game sound vs commentating. As suggested already, looking to overlay some graphics just to hide the menu navigation area (maybe keeping the name of the player visible). Again the idea is to keep these videos easy to produce or they wont happen, but we want them to be good enough to enjoy.

I would consider adding a proper lap counter but that is about it, though open to suggestions. I'll add a screen shot with some changes to show what I mean soon.
Zoolu your audio levels mate they need adjusting because i can't hear you as the cars engines took over that recording mate and also do you want to try forza 6 or is that a no go
(11-15-2015, 10:15 AM)MRN3 Wrote: Zoolu your audio levels mate they need adjusting because i can't hear you as the cars engines took over that recording mate and also do you want to try forza 6 or is that a no go

Hey Drifter - yes aware of the audio issue and there was an attempt to fix it last week, but either I didn't hit capture or something went wrong so I don't have the second race to see if they were better. I may even record the commentary totally separate, rather than through the capture software, but if I can get it right then it is quicker and easier the way we did it in the video.

I would need to see Forza's spectator mode, but I am told it has next to no race information which makes it extremely difficult to put any half-decent commentary to.
AFAIA both games' replay and spectator modes are built on the same system (where the only difference between spectating and watching a replay is the fact that spectator is live).

If that's the case Forza 6 is going to be exactly the same as Forza 5. Lacking.

How many of us would jump back onto Forza 4 if it ever came to backwards compatibility? Tongue
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
In relation to the question about bringing driver audio into race replays - I think it is possible but again would need to test what happens when I unplug things.....
What software are you using to edit the videos?

And is it just a matter of stitching people replays together plus voice overlay?
(04-07-2016, 03:06 AM)hyboi Wrote: What software are you using to edit the videos?

I use Sony Vegas at the moment, but am working on transitioning to VideoStudio Pro for something a bit more recent. Would love to be using Premiere but it's just not in the budget range at the moment.

Quote:And is it just a matter of stitching people replays together plus voice overlay?

I think we can get away with using the one replay for Forza, I don't think we can share them on pCARS either so have to do with the one there as well. For the most part I just take bits of footage throughout the race, looking at who has close battles then stitching it together. The advantage during Forza 4 was that we had a total race timer we could use to line up the footage, in Forza 6 we don't have any of that information to even track fastest laps during the race so any replays we do for Forza 6 would be very limited compared to the last season of V8's replays on the RGL channel.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
So still having an issue with what appears to be my elgato hd60 software. Without touching a thing, all of a sudden I am unable to receive a signal from my Xbox to the software.

The moment I either open the elgato software or OBS my monitor goes blank. My elgato software also shows nothing when I open it.

If anyone finds more info on this issue, please link or share it here. So far all troubleshooting is based on just setting it up whereas my situation is the fact that has stopped working
Hopefully mate there should be someone on elgatos fourms or support page has the same issue
Even if those memories make me sad, I have got to go forward believing in the future. Even when I realize my loneliness, and am about to lose hope those memories make me stronger. Im not alone. Because of you. - Rin (Shelter The Animation)

Shelter is so wonderful and beautiful Heart