Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocket League
(03-16-2016, 08:26 AM)Scav3nger Wrote: I'm thinking of a 2v2 mini comp starting near the end of April running for a couple of weeks, just to get a feel for how a structured competition would go on Rocket League. Sound like a good idea?

a 2v2 mini comp eh? i think i know which team is going to be resurected from the forza soccer days
Even if those memories make me sad, I have got to go forward believing in the future. Even when I realize my loneliness, and am about to lose hope those memories make me stronger. Im not alone. Because of you. - Rin (Shelter The Animation)

Shelter is so wonderful and beautiful Heart
Ill be there for it, hopefully we can get minimum four teams to get a rotation going and test things out.
Here's the options I've come up with:

12 Players = 6 teams of 2
12 Players = 4 teams of 3
15 Players = 5 teams of 3
16 Players = 8 teams of 2
18 Players = 6 teams of 3

Any others on top of this would become reserve players for the mini comp.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
You can put me down to play
I'm down
Even if those memories make me sad, I have got to go forward believing in the future. Even when I realize my loneliness, and am about to lose hope those memories make me stronger. Im not alone. Because of you. - Rin (Shelter The Animation)

Shelter is so wonderful and beautiful Heart
Im going to be on Rocket League for the next hour if anyone wants to join me.
The latest patch on PC and PS4 (patch 1.16) has updated hitboxes to various cars, confirming that while boost and speed stats on most (if not all) cars are the same the hitboxes are indeed different for higher and/or longer vehicles.

THE HEADLINES
  • Improvements to ball-bounce behavior
  • Adjustments to hitboxes for several vehicles to bring outliers more inline with other Battle-Cars
  • ESRB Rating has been lowered to “E”
Complete list here: http://www.rocketleaguegame.com/news/201...6-pcps4-3/
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
So Scav mentioned hit boxes are different on each car, which given the differences in their shape is not surprising. When looking at the Bat Mobile, it is so flat compared to others and I would think that cars with a more flat/square shape will scoop the ball up less.

Seem Scav has beat me to this post (was going off of a comment in the chat group)
Here is one of many videos containing crazy goals!

And for great tips on improving your skills and game play!
So for such big game, Cybergamer seems to have an inactive PC community thought with a lot of teams listed, nothing for PS4 and an empty 2v2 ladder for Xbox One.

Im starting to put the feelers out to see where we can promote our Soccar Championships to possibly attract more of the right kind of people.