Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TSG's Bring Your Own Team Knock Out Contest (XONE and PC)
Probably need those three as subs..... Wink
Alright, we're going to move to round robin with a knockout at the end. Should be done within an hour or so if everyone keeps the games quick (not looking for 5 minute overtimes here everyone).

Game options are to be set as follows:
SOCCAR
DFH Stadium
5 minutes
ALL OTHER SETTINGS DEFAULT

Okay so we have the following full teams:
Second Degree Sharks - Scav3nger ©, x06 The Doc 06x, Clasfied Hunter
The Ozstars - Unuseddragon488, Chaos 7h30ry ©, Hypershadow
TWTP - NuclearNinja23 ©, NuclearMajor69, XDrinkTilDeathX
Marauders - z00lu ©, Furious wolf, Brute x magicz
The following players without a full team or a team to play:
MRN3Drifter (c of Midnight Raiders), Woebegone6

We have the following players who may be subs (stress the may):
MrDaddyDavis, Deadx89, Shredder

At this point in time I'm going to work on 5 teams with everyone having a 5 minute "BYE" round to have a break, should we have enough to field a sixth team at the last minute, they'll take the place of the BYE.

Round 1
Midnight Raiders vs TWTP 0-6
Second Degree Sharks vs Ozstars 2-1
Marauders vs BYE

Round 2
Midnight Raiders vs Second Degree Sharks 3-2 OT
Marauders vs TWTP 0-6
BYE vs Ozstars

Round 3
Midnight Raiders vs Marauders 2-3
BYE vs Second Degree Sharks
Ozstars vs TWTP 0-4 

Round 4
Midnight Raiders vs BYE
Ozstars vs Marauders 3-1 
TWTP vs Second Degree Sharks 3-1

Round 5
Midnight Raiders vs Ozstars 0-2
TWTP vs BYE
Second Degree Sharks vs Marauders 3-2

Once you have completed a game, message me (Scav3nger) with the result per the schedule so we are able to quickly add up win/loss and scoring for/against to work out the knockout stage. For example:
Raiders vs Marauders 4-1

As we are not stat tracking for this competition there is no need to screenshot all results, unless you want them for posterity of course.

I'll have a party open before we kick off to answer any questions or you can post them here.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Well done to team TWTP taking out the first TSG BYOT challenge. Overall successful night, look forward to seeing you all for the next one!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
It was a good night of rocket league with some tight, and not so tight matches. Well done to the TWTP boys, definitely OP, but a challenge is always a good thing.

Given the time taken to organise a fifth team, the night went rather well. The more often we all do this, the better we will get and setting up matches. I do wonder if we have a Chat group specifically for TSG comps such as this, it might allow for some quicker organisation of matches on the night and avoid the jumping from one party to the next every minute...perhaps the chat is only open to team captains to help keep the information relevant. Scav you could always control the group ie kick everyone from it at the end of the comp, and invite people back in for the next one to allow for changing captains etc....
I'm going to explore a couple of options, the next one-night comp probably won't be until after the league season as we need to do prepation work for that. I do wonder though, what TWTP stands for? I'd worked it out as "Team With Top Players" which is kinda the narrative I'm running with after last night, haha.

My mid year break is starting in a few days so I'm going to be spending a fair amount of time working on TSG/CANZ related stuff while I have the free time. Hoping to get a solid idea for the front end of CANZ Stats before I utlise my term 4 web class to do the back end and database implementation. The plan is to make it a system that I can also modify to use with other games like Rocket League, FIFA, or even shooters. So we'll see how I go with that.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Article on the comp is now up - no images from the actual matches as I lost all my replays. Not sure if it was something to do with an update that came through between Tuesday and this afternoon....
Good read z00lu, shame about the replays though.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻