Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Streaming
Is anyone an active broadcaster? Thoughts about it?
I have tried on a few occasions, though it seems my 1mbit upload speed is not suitable for streaming. Especially not when I'm playing any multiplayer games.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I created an account. Had a muck around. Went to login on another device and it said I had been banned. Oh well.
z00lu and Al are both using YouTube streaming as well now, so that's another option. I myself have tried on a couple of occasions but my upstream bandwidth just isn't fast enough for it.

Hitbox.tv was another good one before they mandated streams being 540p or higher. Pretty much killed any chance I had at using their site until my uploads get better.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
How do you even become a well known broadcaster?
According to what I've read on the subject, you need any two of the following:

Luck
Timing
Extremely Unique Content

Essentially anyone wanting to become big at in Australia needs to stream late at night/early in the mornings to catch the European and/or American crowds and get extremely lucky that people stick around for more than one stream.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
You'd probably need to build a pretty decent youtube channel to get people interested first up.
Well if you have a nice pair of melons visible in your webcam feed for your stream, that will go a long way towards becoming popular on the internets........
We are about to plant some pumpkins... Will they work? hahah
(09-20-2016, 01:57 PM)z00lu Wrote: Well if you have a nice pair of melons visible in your webcam feed for your stream, that will go a long way towards becoming popular on the internets........

I wasn't going anywhere near that...

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻