The Screwed Gamers Community Forums
CANZ V8 Supercars 2016 [Official Thread] - Printable Version

+- The Screwed Gamers Community Forums (http://screwedgamers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Confederation of Australian and New Zealand (CANZ) Racing Community (http://screwedgamers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: CANZ Series Discussion (http://screwedgamers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: CANZ V8 Supercars 2016 [Official Thread] (/showthread.php?tid=46)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: CANZ V8 Supercars 2016 [Official Thread] - Scav3nger - 07-02-2016

This is why I'm looking for input in my other thread about date changes, I was prepared to move it if I was the only person who was going to be disadvantaged but if it means two are going to miss out so one can race I'm not keen on changing. Especially since we've changed once to accomodate another driver already.

I don't want to sound like I'm being harsh about it, but I also don't want instances where we're endlessly trying to find dates to fit everyone because we were prepared to move it on this occassion. I'd like to avoid setting a precedence.

RE: CANZ V8 Supercars 2016 [Official Thread] - Clasfied Hunter - 07-04-2016

The New HUNTER livery...

[Image: GetPhoto%201_zpsoccifryz.jpg]

[Image: GetPhoto_zpsxwixecbk.jpg]

RE: CANZ V8 Supercars 2016 [Official Thread] - Scav3nger - 07-04-2016

Looks good. Got the IDA livery from your iRacing team happening. No Kart Action Media logo? Tongue

The big question is whether it'll see the chequered flag or not though?

Just one thing I have to point out, the number on the hood is not in a CANZ number box.

probable somewhere down the back or in wall...

that is if i get to race, baby still hasn't arrived.

RE: CANZ V8 Supercars 2016 [Official Thread] - Scav3nger - 07-04-2016

(07-04-2016, 02:13 PM)Clasfied Hunter Wrote: probable somewhere down the back or in wall...

that is if i get to race, baby still hasn't arrived.

Know's it's winter, staying where it's warm. Haha.

Ah well, we're not racing for sheep stations, in the end it's all just an attempt to have a bit of fun.

I'll get the number box changed before the race.

I never ran one on the hood on the previous livery so wasn't sure it was compulsory, my bad.

RE: CANZ V8 Supercars 2016 [Official Thread] - Scav3nger - 08-24-2016

OP updated to reflect the change to the final round. It is now moved from November 3rd to October 15th.

RE: CANZ V8 Supercars 2016 [Official Thread] - hyboi - 08-24-2016

Cool cool.

RE: CANZ V8 Supercars 2016 [Official Thread] - z00lu - 08-26-2016

I will say that I enjoyed the racing in the V8's thus far, but last night was pretty messy. Compared with Rio, probably not that bad but I think drivers could be forgiven somewhat given that was a street circuit with narrow sections of track. Perhaps COTA's wide expanses had people thinking there were lots of gaps to stick their noses in when really there wasn't??

I cant say much for the first race as I didn't see what was happening up the front, but given at one point I was catching up to the main group of cars, the racing must have been hectic.
As for race two, the first few laps were pretty average even for a reverse grid race. I don't mind a bit of biff and barge, but some of it resulted in many drivers having their race fairly well ruined before completing the first lap. Turn one saw three and four cars wide cause everyone is trying to win the race at the first turn.........

I can only hope with an air of optimism that the final two reverse grid races sees a little less of what happened at COTA. Again it could just be the track as from memory it hasn't been quite this bad in the other rounds.

RE: CANZ V8 Supercars 2016 [Official Thread] - Scav3nger - 08-26-2016

On a personal level operation salvage went well. Almost claimed first had it not been for a loss of traction while Caderz and Drifter were taking each other off-circuit out of the double left hander.

Overall, most of the racing was good but there was a fair few messy bits between the good stuff. Hopefully it's a symptom of the circuit and not something that's creeping in to the racing. I'd like to think we're getting the crash and bash out of our systems in the Muscle Cars but evidence points to the contrary at the moment.

Yas is a bit more open so hopefully we'll see some cleaner racing. My other thoughts are outlined in the preliminary stewards report.