The Screwed Gamers Community Forums
CANZ V8 Supercars 2016 [Official Thread] - Printable Version

+- The Screwed Gamers Community Forums (http://screwedgamers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Confederation of Australian and New Zealand (CANZ) Racing Community (http://screwedgamers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: CANZ Series Discussion (http://screwedgamers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: CANZ V8 Supercars 2016 [Official Thread] (/showthread.php?tid=46)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: CANZ V8 Supercars 2016 [Official Thread] - deadx89 - 09-13-2016

i shall make a comeback to this series with dead last racing

RE: CANZ V8 Supercars 2016 [Official Thread] - z00lu - 09-22-2016

Sorry Hyboi, did my best but only came away with a pair of 7's.
Was in it up to my neck for most of the first race, with just a few laps to go, I was in touch with the battle for 4th, 5th and 6th, then Chaos managed a pass which dropped me to 7th.

The second race was ok, though I still think some of these faster blokes need to use a bit more patience and try to pass on the sections of track where passing is traditionally done. It didn't affect me as I stuffed up to let a few through, but boy were we close to carnage at a few points.....don't know how there weren't a few big collisions.

If I was racing next year, I would say scrap Yas Marina though. While I improved my laps over the course of the night and found it not to be quite as shit as I originally felt, there are way too many sections of track where corner cutting can and was done - too much to possibly police, especially with the replay issues the game has. But as I am not racing it is up to the rest of you to decide when the time comes.

RE: CANZ V8 Supercars 2016 [Official Thread] - Woebegone6 - 09-22-2016

Yea sorry to anyone I unintentionally gave a big whack to during the 2 races. Definitely felt at some points you could brake later than what some people were doing, which caught me off guard. Apart from that it was fun racing.

In regards to the track, definitely a track which has way too many corners to cut and commit track abuse to gain advantage. Would love for next season to bring back some originals, also mix in some good tracks. I'd love to see brands hatch full with the v8's.

RE: CANZ V8 Supercars 2016 [Official Thread] - Scav3nger - 09-23-2016

While we wouldn't like to make wholesale changes to the calendar next year should we stick with V8's I think modifying a few circuits will be necessary.

RE: CANZ V8 Supercars 2016 [Official Thread] - hyboi - 09-23-2016

That's alright Zoolu. Hopefully we can go out with a bang on the last round of the year. Are we good for second on the teams championship?

RE: CANZ V8 Supercars 2016 [Official Thread] - Scav3nger - 09-28-2016

(01-31-2016, 02:19 PM)Scav3nger Wrote: October 13th, Round 9:
Circuit: Long Beach
Start Time: 9pm AEST

Please note the date change on this round from the 15th to the 13th, as the 15th was actually a Saturday not a Thursday, I think I was accidentally looking at September when I made the calendar.

Edit: After reading Caderz's post in the lap times thread, I think we're just going to have to put a blanket ban on the Merc if we do V8's again next year, this track feels heaps different to CotA so if this is also a Merc track I can't see any track that won't be.

RE: CANZ V8 Supercars 2016 [Official Thread] - MRN3 - 09-30-2016

i dont think its a merc track because when we did this track for igl Caderz won with a nissan

RE: CANZ V8 Supercars 2016 [Official Thread] - Scav3nger - 10-06-2016

Due to the unplanned clash with V8 Supercars on the 13th the Project CARS SCS Round 10 race at Nurburgring will be moved to the 20th. With the 2017 pCARS test night being held on the 27th I'm also making the decision to drop the Round 11 race at Sakitto from the calendar due to the Forza test night being the following week (the 3rd of November), we wanted to have the championships wrapped up before the test nights.

I really should have looked closer at the calendar...

RE: CANZ V8 Supercars 2016 [Official Thread] - hyboi - 10-12-2016

Should probably do a lap or two.

RE: CANZ V8 Supercars 2016 [Official Thread] - Scav3nger - 10-12-2016

What races does everyone have saved from across the season? I'm looking to get a bit of footage from each round but only have a handful of replays from recent races and nothing from early in the season.