Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing CANZStats!
Same here
Even if those memories make me sad, I have got to go forward believing in the future. Even when I realize my loneliness, and am about to lose hope those memories make me stronger. Im not alone. Because of you. - Rin (Shelter The Animation)

Shelter is so wonderful and beautiful Heart
End of October update:

Administration panel is almost up and running, I should pretty much have that all going by Wednesday or Thursday. Still very barebones stuff at the moment. Based on my checklist of things to do I'm probably about 30% done, the last 50% is going to be the biggest piece of the puzzle that might need a lot more time investment than I'm prepared to put into it right now. At this point in time I'm configuring the system for our purposes with Rocket League and CANZ but am also looking to make it expandable should we ever add more games to our list that require alternate statistics tracking methods. Perhaps that can be a process I can go through for version 2.0 into the future.

Quick summary of things that are working so far:
User registration
Updating user profile (though I have a timezone selection section I'm still working on so you don't have to convert to your local timezones anymore, the system will eventually do that for you)
Administration Login and ensuring users have the neccessary access level to get to the ACP
Administration Settings (update site name, tag line, and able rename things like "Competitions", "Users" and "Locations" to more appropriate names if neccessary)
Admin ability to Edit/Ban/Delete Users (though we personally don't envisage the need to ever need to, it's useful to have the ability there to do it)
Admin ability to add and modify locations
Admin ability to add and modify teams (still working on this bit, currently only makes the team and assigns a selected player as captain, still need to work out assigning players and limiting how many can be assigned)

Still much more to go, so I'm going back to work now.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Minor setback I broke the backend trying to get method #1 for setup working. So I'm falling back to method #2 which is easier to do but doesn't quite give as much freedom as I'd like. I will be able to tailor it to suit our purposes of course but the idea is that this system should be easy to use to anyone who doesn't know how to change things should I offer it for use in any capacity in the future. So I'll keep looking into ideas for method #1 but will keep on with method #2 for the early version. Getting pretty close to a workable ALPHA build though, so for those of you interested in helping test it I hope you're getting excited!

I think the first builds will have it set up for Soccer/Rocket League as that's what I've been working towards so far, but should be able to get the CANZ side of things working before the start of the 2017 season.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
November 8th Update:

After the weekend set back I've spent the last couple of days of classes reworking the installation script for a STATS platform which is now functional! The system is now able to be easily installed on a server that allows PHP to create databases. Otherwise I'll have to provide documentation to setting it up with manually created databases and minor code changes to implement it without the installer, but that comes later when it moves to be a personal project rather than an assignment (because at this stage it's still working towards a November 25th submission date so I need to stay the course and not get too out of control adding more creep to the scope).

So with that now functional the back-end for a Football/Soccer STATS install is ready to go. I just need to finish up the majority of the front end and making the interactions happen and Soccar STATS will be ready to start testing!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Awesome news Scav, hopefully before Christmas we can test this all out and get some good feedback for you.