Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TSG's Soccar Championships - Season I
Rather than re-quoting a heap of stuff above, regarding Brutes thoughts around teams with lower/higher skilled mix:

Ideally, we would love to see 10 teams as part of this competition. Ideally we would like to see all those involved playing because they want to have fun and make new friends online - because ultimately TSG is a social gaming community, not a competitive one like RGL was. (Scav edit: I've emphasised this part)

We will never, ever get to 10 teams without having players across a large spectrum of skill levels. We will never have an enjoyable competition that is also social and fun unless we have some level of balance in the teams. (If anyone thinks we can achieve complete balance, they are kidding themselves) So to achieve some level of balance, it is necessary to have teams with a mix of skill level.

So if you don't like this state of play, you may need to look elsewhere for competitions for Rocket League. Go to Cybergamer, pretty sure they'll have something there, bring your own team and either do well or perhaps get slaughtered time and again because your team is either good or not.

Now if anyone also thinks the teams are going to reflect good balance straight away with Season II, then be prepared for disappointment. Now I could be wrong, the teams that come out of this may just workout great.....but there are a number of factors that could see one or two teams do better than most such as chemistry, good and bad performances during the season and how much the lower skilled players can learn and improve during the season - as Brute has mentioned above.

My final point is elaborating on the last part of the above paragraph, in that one of the best ways for lower skilled players to improve, is through playing with better players. Over time, perhaps by Season IV, we will see the general skill level across the competition improve, assuming we can maintain the playing group we currently have and build on it.

So everyone really needs to take a chill pill about how Season I went, work together with us and see where we can take this over the next few seasons.

I think it is great the Knights boys are more than happy to team up with other gamers here, considering their only interaction with us prior to this, was at one of the RGL LAN's in which they met Alsimo, deadx and myself (they met others but they don't play regularly on TSG). It is a step forward in playing games with more people and building the community. The more comfortable we can get playing with each other, the bigger our social nights can be as more people join in, including GTA and more.
I think the salary system is great, I just didn't understand exactly how the teams ended up how they did. 

No system will ever make everyone equal I think generally people know that, just hopefully this system helps brings teams close together and good luck getting everything ready for the next season. If any help is needed i'm happy to assist.
[Image: Brute+x+Magicz.png]
(09-17-2016, 11:49 AM)Brute x Magicz Wrote: I think the salary system is great, I just didn't understand exactly how the teams ended up how they did.

For Season I? Because it was a shit system that we used that's why we're changing it, haha.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I'm jus hoping in part that people choose people they can teach to play better I know I've already trained one training another now that's what all of us who are at that top tier should be doing but it's also up to the lower tiers to ask for it, I'll be upfront I trained drifter and I'm training dragon now. Hopefully others see what I'm doing and follow my lead then we may have equal players through season 3
(09-17-2016, 07:33 AM)z00lu Wrote: So if you don't like this state of play, you may need to look elsewhere for competitions for Rocket League. Go to Cybergamer, pretty sure they'll have something there, bring your own team and either do well or perhaps get slaughtered time and again because your team is either good or not.

Also just to clarify, this paragraph was not directly aimed at anyone in particular, merely a statement that applies to all those playing or wanting to play in the future.
I'm more than happy to give it another crack, I think it may have just been unfortunate with how the teams ended up with us, and our team getting slaughtered in every match wasn't ideal for us. As you said the emphasis is on the social side of it, and that would involve having fun, which we were not doing. Which is odd because when we play on the social nights I quite enjoy the game, no matter the result, as long as the games are enjoyable.
[Image: rrmsig_zpslkmqwh3b.png]
It was fun when you filled in for us. Was really good