Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TSG's Soccar Championships - Season I
http://screwedgamers.com/event/337/

You can find it on the main website under the "TSG SOCCAR" menu
Im filling in for the devils tonight as hellspawn cant make it
Woebe and I have decided to withdraw the Utopia Magic team from this competition. Quite frankly we are not enjoying it and so there is no need for us to continue. We are sick of the unbalanced teams meaning we lose each game by more than 10 points, obviously it is impossible to get exactly equal teams however this seems a real disadvantage to us and so we will no longer be competing.
[Image: rrmsig_zpslkmqwh3b.png]
While it is regretful that this is to happen, and while I understand why people don't want to play a game because they aren't enjoying it, Scav and I had our hands tied somewhat in how we could cater a seven team comp and organise the last two teams in a way where they were both balanced in skill and appeased everyone as to who was on which team etc.

The whole idea of this comp is to be fun and casual. Ideally be fair from a "no one cheating" perspective, and then hopefully see teams change at seasons end to start creating more balance in the teams as the salary cap came into play. Which in turn would also see more people gaming together and hopefully making more online friends - part of what a gaming community is all about.....

If we get more sign ups for next season, Scav and I will decide exactly how many teams can or can't play, regardless of how many players are registered to hopefully avoid patch working teams together at the last minute.
So with this change I have arranged the next two rounds to complete the first half of the season so that all teams have played each other once (including two forfeit results for Sharks and Devils versing Magic). Scav and I will try to work out a fair way to treat the forfeit results so it isn't just a straightforward 3-1 victory for example.

Then I will post the last 5 rounds of the season sometime next week, where the remaining teams play each other one more time.

here is the link for next Tuesday nights matches:

http://screwedgamers.com/calendar/rounds-6-7/
To tack onto what z00lu has already said. Ultimately we did not have a lot of wiggle room once the teams started to form when some players selected players they did not want to be paired with and in an attempt to accomodate everyone actually being able to play we made the decision to set the teams as they are. The solutions would have been to force people to play with people they didn't want to play with (and risk not having fun), not be able to play at all (and, obviously, not have fun), or risk the potential of some results we've seen (and not have fun if it were to go that way). Hopefully you can all understand that it wasn't exactly the easiest decision to come to.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
While it is definitely not expected, I am still hoping that some or all of the players that were in Utopia Magic, are willing to sub if they are available and a team needs someone....this would include:

Doc, Woebe and Shredder.
Can't help but notice that twtpshouldve gotten a player value at the end of the BYOT Tourney no offence to the guys they are unbeatable at the moment
I was under the impression that we would get player values at some point before the season started.
The main season's salary cap was established purely through the pre-season comp and there was a "loophole" in the rules stating that a player can only captain a team if they have played 3 or more games in the pre-season or byot challenge. All the guys in TWTP came into this season as "rookies" but also having played more than 3 matches via the byot.

While this loophole will be closed from next season on wards, there will be no change to this season. We can also assess other concerns players have and address them before season 2 begins.

Everyone would have been aware of the team rosters ahead of the season, we are up to the middle of the season now so we shouldn't be concerning ourselves with this now.