Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Changes To The Website
We need to be actively public for community growth. We are doing this for the future of TSG...

We can't rely on us finding others, we need them to find us as well. If we aren't publicly posting in the forums regularly how is anyone supposed to know what we are doing and what we are about.

Think of the more successful gaming leagues (AusFIFA, ESL, MLG, ACL, CyberGamer), they didn't get to where they are by using private messages or facebook. Basically, You can't grow a public league if everything is private.
Couple of suggestions for improvement to the website after the stats project is running smoothly:

Look to integrate the website more with the forum by having the website menu added to the forum to allow easy jumping back and forth between the two. If i recall i think the plan was for all content to be driven through tsg site and not have a separate one for canz?

See if its possible to have a featured announcements section on both the forum and website for upcoming social nights and other events/key dates.

Just trying to think of ways that make the website and forum more of a destination to help bridge the gap since the facebook chat was abandoned. Also having key dates and events in a system that allows users to save to an outlook or apple/android calender may increase visits by fringe community members as they can use this feature to setup alerts/notifications on tablets or smart phones.....
(10-17-2016, 02:46 AM)z00lu Wrote: If i recall i think the plan was for all content to be driven through tsg site and not have a separate one for canz?

(08-21-2016, 10:06 AM)Scav3nger Wrote: So canz.screwedgamers.com in it's current format will be closed down at years end, with all news and articles to do with CANZ to now be featured on the main website along with Soccar/Rocket League and general community posts...

canz.screwedgamers.com will then relaunch as the CANZstats section of the website. When the system is ready.

Correct.

Quote:See if its possible to have a featured announcements section on both the forum and website for upcoming social nights and other events/key dates.

Just trying to think of ways that make the website and forum more of a destination to help bridge the gap since the facebook chat was abandoned. Also having key dates and events in a system that allows users to save to an outlook or apple/android calender may increase visits by fringe community members as they can use this feature to setup alerts/notifications on tablets or smart phones.....

I'll have to look into these bits. I'm sure there's a Wordpress plugin that can be used as an events notifier or calendar where events can be added to Google or Apple Calendar.

Chucking a navbar on top of the forums should be relatively easy, I just need to find time to take a look at it.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
The thing that drew me in were the highlights, the race replays, although forums is not a bad thing it is inofficient in a day where offiency is key Facebook may not offer that either but those YouTube videos did which I think is what tsg needs more of and on the note of ausfifa it's not the best example as I shall private message you what they normally reply with.
I think we are all in agreement that more content is needed, and i believe the plan will be to do this in 2017 after the stats upgrade is going smoothly. Lets not forget what this offers everyone that is part of tsg, something most gaming communities dont have - player stats across all competitions.

My thoughts are that if we have the right sort of features in the right places, everyone can become accustomed to visitng either the website and/or forums to find out everything they need to know about what is going on very quickly.

Sure if we could commission an app for tsg that is used on smartphones and tablets with cool features and a chat function, that would tick all the boxes but i dont like our chances.

Keep providing feedback and ideas as i am sure 2017 will see some more progress
(10-24-2016, 01:55 AM)z00lu Wrote: Lets not forget what this offers aims to offer everyone that is part of tsg, something most gaming communities dont have - player stats across all competitions.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet. Right now my focus is on Soccar stats, so let's start there and see where we end up.

Quote:i believe the plan will be to do this in 2017 after the stats upgrade is going smoothly

It's highly likely STATS will be an ever-evolving system, not something that will become a case of "set and forget" and allow me to 100% move onto something else. As long as I get the foundations in place I will then be able to allocate time to other elements.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻