Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Series Test Night - November 3rd
Unfortunately I'll be away now so won't make it.
[Image: rrmsig_zpslkmqwh3b.png]
Sounds like it could be a quiet night, might need to run a second night at some point for Forza too.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Yeah, I'm probs going to be on rocket league or GTA tonight, sorry guys
Well after tonight my vote for forza goes to the 76 Classic F1's
Modern Hatchback, using any C class hatchback
Mini Cooper Classic
Bring Your Own (A Class) Series
MX-5 Cup
RS200's, an old classic
Classic F1 using the 1976 vehicles
TCC using any vehicle from the WTCC or BTCC
Formula Ford (EcoBoost 200), likely a support series

All green labels are the cars we tried. Though with only 5 of us there it was hard to get an accurate reading on the types of cars that would create close racing with a larger group. If I personally had to rank each of the above from least-to-most-encouraging I'd probably have to say:

BYO A Class
RS200's
MX-5 Cup
Formula Ford/Ecoboost 200
Classic F1

I was actually quite surprised by the classic F1's for their driveability, they felt really good at the limit and made it easy to tell when you were pushing it too hard. Deadx would also likely confirm that even one who hasn't done much driving of late found them relatively easy to drive, even around a circuit like Spa. Ultimately I'd be leaning towards either open wheen option, the Ecoboost with the road package made them slightly more difficult to drive (less aero, though the aero itself doesn't have a huge impact on a car like that) but trying them in both packages would probably be the go.

In the end, I think we'll need another night to really nail down which one we want to go with, but at this stage I think we can pretty much put A Class, RS200's and MX-5's off the table based on the reception they received tonight.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Further to this now that I've had a bit of time to look over some of the results from the night, I think the A-Class Series is far too varied to have it as even a social support category, it would likely be something better suited to a social night where we're not looking for completely serious racing. We had far to much variation in speed and performance just with the five of us as it was, I can't see how it would be any better with the nine or ten of us we usually get on a race night.

RS200's do not feel anything like they did on Forza 4, they were a good car because you could get a slide on and still go fast but with the newer tyre model it's really hard to achieve this now. So the car itself is not as good as it was back in the day. The MX-5 is relatively the same as it was, but I feel like it's a bit bland compared to some of our other options here.

So for the next one we'll probably try the TCC just for trying's sake and then roll out the Ecoboost 200 and the Classic F1's again and try and decide between the three which one we're interested in. Not sure exactly what date yet, might try and go for late November or early December.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
The byo car option will always be a struggle unless everyone uses the same car but can upgrade and tune them differently.

I think a few social nights are needed to gain and retain momentum for testing. Otherwise add testing to the summer social series rounds.....

Since this years series have ended some people seem to have dropped off in their involvement with TSG/CANZ
I haven't meant to drop off, simply haven't had time. I shall endeavour to be at the next one. From the sound of those options I think the classic F1 is the way to go.
[Image: rrmsig_zpslkmqwh3b.png]
(11-06-2016, 07:29 AM)x06 The Doc 06x Wrote: From the sound of those options I think the classic F1 is the way to go.

It seemed to be a pretty popular option among those who were present, and with only the five of us we still managed to have a pretty close race for the most part, a few mistakes but battles meant the group stayed close together. Deadx was a bit further back but for such high powered cars he did well considering he hasn't played much Forza lately.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Still it wouldn't hurt to give the tcc cars their shot
Even if those memories make me sad, I have got to go forward believing in the future. Even when I realize my loneliness, and am about to lose hope those memories make me stronger. Im not alone. Because of you. - Rin (Shelter The Animation)

Shelter is so wonderful and beautiful Heart