Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forza 6 v Pcars - settings and options
Just wanted to get some discussion going on what the available settings are for both games when it comes to lobbies and series formats. In particular where there is a lack of options, what thoughts are there on how to overcome them?

This probably is more relevant to FM6 as we have been using Pcars for a while now, but would be good to capture info on both and perhaps create a section in the regulations that helps potential series organisers when working out formats etc.

We might look to include a list of all options available in game too

So off the top of my head there are the following points:

Qualifying and all associated issues around this
Race restarts
Manual starts
Pit stops and strategy
Series regulations (eg limited fuel) and how to enforce them
Stewarding options

So provide your thoughts and then we can capture all the good stuff so everyone can easily access the info (save trawling through this thread for it)

To get the ball rolling, Pcars has some bugs still with regards to pit strategies actually performing as desired, so do we run series on this game with less regulations, just compulsory pit stops with no requirement to change tires or add fuel?

We seem to have established a method of combatting restarts with Pcars using the safety car.....

Without knowing too much about FM6 settings yet, Pcars seems to be the game to use if you want to do proper qualifying and avoid manual starts....top ten shootouts felt great in Pcars, especially because you could watch the other players do hot laps.
I feel as though, in the long run, Project CARS should be our main racing game going forward. The bugs are an annoyance but overall the game is streets ahead with features that Forza doesn't come close to. While I don't doubt we've had some good racing in the past with Forza, and may do again in the future with any series run on Forza 6, the gameplay between the bugs on Project CARS goes beyond what I feel Forza can offer. That was highlighted by the shoot-out qualifying we held on Thursday night, while we didn't have the numbers for a proper shoot-out we had a good time testing the idea and found that it works very well (until one person drops out and loses their place on the grid).

Forza 6 is a good game, it's solid, it's what we've come to expect (to a point) with a Forza game. Project CARS, while buggy at the moment, puts the racing side of things to a whole new level. It's those kind of options I'd like to see for CANZ to use going forward.

That's not to say I won't enjoy Forza 6. I will, and I already am. I just think Project CARS is better suited to some of the things we've been trying to do in the past, and want to do in the future.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I'm happy to race on fm6 anytime but don't have pcars anymore, also I'd be happy to launch the stadium trucks in screwed gamers if ya guys are keen

Also regarding fm6 v pcars
Pcars pros
Solid game (few bugs here and there)
Qualifying and dynamic weather system
Wide selection of tracks
Ability to select fuel loads etc

Fm6 pros
Pit stop strategy is key with fuel and tyres now a factor in racing
Race restarts quickly
STREET CIRCUITS!!!!
24 player lobby
Solid game as well less buggy
V8 SUPERCARS!!!!
Ability to alter cars such as liveries or modify to create new series etc. stadium trucks

Both have good pros and cons I haven't really come across but overall I believe forza 6 has become more a racing sim then other forza games take nothing away from pcars but it never really hit the ground running there's always something that was holding it back example was replay system before, cars, and the bugs in my opinion
The replay system has improved a fair bit though, started out non-existent, then able to view your own car, now you can switch cars. Spectator mode also made it in (though it's a bit of a process to get to it for a race). So they've been working on it.

I'll be interested to see if anything changes with Forza 6 in updates.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻