Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TSG's Soccar Championships - Season II
(10-25-2016, 12:35 PM)Clasfied Hunter Wrote: Yes but we don't want it to be like last season where 1 or 2 teams domintate as its not fun for the rest...

Ultimately we're not going to know if this (or any) team is dominant or not until we start playing. On paper it looks strong but this season they look to be playing without a dedicated goalie now that Brute is not playing for them, so they may give up more goals this season than they did last season making the games closer.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Again though, I'll reiterate that it was always going to have 100% probability that it would not be 100% balanced. If we get to the end of this season and we're still not satisfied with the results we'll look at non-salary cap options.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(10-25-2016, 12:35 PM)Clasfied Hunter Wrote: seeing things pan out in this draft...close to just selling the Xbox

I wouldn't go that far.

Everyone needs to be supportive of what we are trying to achieve here and if so, I believe we can get it to a point where we can see some good competitions. No matter what is done though, there will always be a team or teams that regardless of how fair a system is, will struggle to win games. Ideally when this happens, the losses are by very small amounts - much like our CANZ racing, where ultimately we prefer to have a good battle with a few drivers over being miles ahead of anyone racing by yourself.

But it will take some time to get there, as we do need a few more teams and a bigger list of players with good spread in skill/value so that the draft system can operate better again.

Lastly, I will be surprised if we see players maintaining their values from Season I during Season II. My feel is that the higher value players will drop slightly and some mids will go up a bit and the lower level players will see some increase as well. So who knows what the situation will look like come Season III draft.....
Oh and I also did a write up of the draft:

Season II draft report
Do we have a sub? Cause I didn't realise we will be starting so soon, so I won't be able to make round 1 and 3 must proberly as that's last 2 rounds of GT3 action.

If we were to start 1 week earlier or later I can make all games.

Sorry I was in the worst mood last night...But all is fine now, let's just play and have fun.

Oh...and are we going to have a pre season night? Would be a good thing as all r new teams
I think it's less going to be skill and more who can gel together, as we've seen in the last season and social nights. It has to be realised that things will not always work straight away, but it already seems as though the draft idea will be better balanced than last season.
[Image: rrmsig_zpslkmqwh3b.png]
Sorry...1 week later I could make all games...lol, was thinking games were fortnightly for some reason.
Just let us know which Tuesdays you cant make it and we will see what can be done. At this stage subs are very rare to find so we all need to work on recruiting more people into the competition as subs.
I may just for go practice so will let you know
As many may know, NuclearMajor has been a very late withdrawal from this season. At this stage we have secured a new player (SillyOlMate) who would likely replace Major on the Wasteland Devils team, but this hasn't been confirmed yet.

Also the plan for starting the season in just under two weeks is still locked in, but if any changes are required, info will be passed on to captains. If we do delay the season by one week, then we are likely to play three weeks of three matches...