Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TSG's Soccar Championships - Season II
So the season kicks off next Tuesday - here is hoping the smaller turnout tonight for social matches isn't a sign of things to come or we will need a lot more subs than we currently have. Fixture will be up over the next few days.
I keep forgetting things are on since the absence of the group chat
[Image: rrmsig_zpslkmqwh3b.png]
As I mentioned in the thread for website changes etc, if we can eventually have something that appears on the forums and website announcing upcoming events, that would help. This way anytime you visit the forum or website, you know to look in a specific spot to see what is happening. Also ideally events listed would provide the ability to save to a google or icalendar so that you get reminders if you are using a smartphone or tablet.

That all said, I believe we are aiming to do something every Tuesday and Thursday until the two weeks around Christmas.
(11-09-2016, 06:16 AM)x06 The Doc 06x Wrote: I keep forgetting things are on since the absence of the group chat

The Discord could be used to replace that, and is also public so we don't need to be friends on Facebook or anything first. Just click a link and you're there (unless you need to make an account first but it's a global Discord account so if subscribe to other Discords you'll use the same account across all of them). We can pin posts and make announcements there too that get pinged to all users. Seems like a good option especially since we can break discussions down into channels (so we can have a channel for all the general noise but also CANZ and Soccar specific channels).

(11-09-2016, 11:48 AM)z00lu Wrote: This way anytime you visit the forum or website, you know to look in a specific spot to see what is happening.

Check the website next time you get a chance Tongue sidebar has a new addition.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Due to constraints with a number of players committed to AUS FIFA at 9.30pm, we are looking to start matches tonight from 8.30pm. Also to avoid a mess of teams trying to organise matches with other teams at the same time, below is a very specific fixture we will follow. Please note times listed are a guide but the idea is that all matches bar the last one (Raiders vs Spartans) have commenced no later than 9.20pm.

8.30pm
Devils vs Marauders
Knights vs Raiders

8.50pm
Sharks vs Knights
Raiders vs Marauders

9pm
Spartans vs Sharks
Marauders vs Knights

9.10pm
Devils vs Sharks

9.20pm
Spartans vs Devils

9.40pm
Spartans vs Raiders

If we do happen to have any subs in the wings that can play after 9.30pm, they could fill in for Shacker on the Devils for their match against Spartans at 9.20pm to ensure all Aus FIFA players are finished in time.

We will look into scheduling for next week to see what we will do regarding Tuesday/Thursday. It is still likely to remain on Tuesday at this stage....
lucky i checked the forum... is this going to be a habit with times/days changing? i realise we are trying to accommodate everyone but 2 weeks in a row, we may need to change game days all together. Or teams just forefeet.
Admittedly it's not ideal. And in future I'd suggest any comments to Admins about scheduling issues be Cc'd among all Admins in future. I was not made aware of the Tuesday night AusFIFA clash at any stage before about an hour ago on the Discord.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Pretty sure Rocket League is better than FIFA anyway so I guess you guys playing AUS FIFA need to get your priorities right..... Tongue
Nice!
I'm officially withdrawing from the RL league.

I'll jump on for socials but that's about it.

Sorry guys, I have my reasons but won't voice them.

Goodluck to everyone else.