Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screwed Gamers Points
Hey everyone,

New addition to the forums, we've added a points system we're calling Screwed Gamers Points (SGP's) in accordance with a CANZ regulation that is going to be implemented in different ways across the forums. At the moment it is only related to CANZ, but we will probably find uses for it in other areas in the future, so start banking those points!

Here's how you can earn:
50 points for registering
10 points for each post
20 points for each thread created
10 points for every poll created
5 points for every poll you vote on
5 points for every reply made in a thread you've created
10 points for every thread rated
1 point for every page view
100 points per referral, bring a friend and earn points!

View the current leaderboard here: http://screwedgamers.com/forums/newpoint...tion=stats

Happy Banking!
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
So is this feature something introduced to the software at some point? Pretty sure it wasn't available with the older version being used on RGL.
MyBB has a plugin system similar to Wordpress, found it on the plugin database on the MyBB website. Saves us having to do a fair bit of micromanagement at least. I think we'll still need to manually add and deduct points for CANZ stuff, but we can find ways to streamline that process as we go.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
So in terms of getting points for logging in, does that mean we have to log back out each time we leave the forum, or just be logged in each time we visit?
[Image: rrmsig_zpslkmqwh3b.png]
Just be logged in each time you visit. I'm not sure how well it's working at the moment though, I've visited a few times today (refreshed the forum index) and doesn't look like I've received anything. So it might be a once-a-day deal. I'll keep an eye on it.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Minor update to points distribution, since it appears points per visit is not working as intended, I have changed it to points per page view.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Is it possible to show a leaderboard of some sort for the points?
http://screwedgamers.com/forums/newpoint...tion=stats

Ignore the admin though, he's just being used to distribute points.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻