Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CANZ Sportscar Championship Series (SCS) [Official Thread]
(08-19-2016, 09:08 AM)Alsimo Wrote: Was a lot of fun.

Not bad considering you weren't going to race because you didn't have the wheel any more.

I need to do more practice with it, I've been doing the races with the controller at the moment because I'm more consistent with it right now, but I'll make the switch to wheel for 2017.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I wished I still had the wheel when we were racing. Haven't thought about it since though.
Oh well, you could always go with a lesser version like mine - makes Pcars that much easier to play and is also lots of fun.

I hope I can go well on the next track cause I really suck at the last two in this series.
I'm unavailable tonight unfortunately, however I'll be back for the v8s next Thursday.
How was the racing tonight?
Check out my stream video on Pixl-f crew on YouTube
Standings are updated on the GoogleDocs spreadsheet.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Although PCars doesn't come with a lot of the bells and whistles of Forza 6, it is still by far the more enjoyable racing title we use. Not just because my wheel and pedals actually works with it (cause Forza is useless) but mainly due to the fact that it doesn't necessarily reward the fastest drivers. Twice now I have been in a position to potentially finish ahead of those much faster than me in my class (LMP), thanks partly to a few mistakes on their behalf but also through my different strategies and tendency to coast more around the track (because I try to avoid making mistakes by taking it easier)

Not sure if the settings have been totally nailed for the LMP's (I didn't find the same level of variation in tyre life/performance in the GT's) or if it is just that the game is just that much better than Forza in this department, but it has been a lot of fun. Normally I am enjoying a battle when it comes my way for the last few positions in the field, but lately I have been fighting off drivers for a podium.

I think any future series in PCars should be designed/tested to ensure strategies can make just as much difference as natural speed/skill does.
Given the current 2017 series plans aren't multi-class we'll also have everyone in the same category of vehicle so less variation and segregation. Of course, if the GT3's happen to win the vote (or win it by default with V8's winning the Forza vote) then we'll be back to how the GT3 Sprint Series was in 2015.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Due to the unplanned clash with V8 Supercars on the 13th the Round 10 race at Nurburgring will be moved to the 20th. With the 2017 test night being held on the 27th I'm also making the decision to drop the Round 11 race at Sakitto from the calendar due to the Forza test night being the following week (the 3rd of November), we wanted to have the championships wrapped up before the test nights.

I really should have looked closer at the calendar...

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻