Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2016 Gameplan
G'day everyone!

So we've been a bit quiet over the Christmas/New Year period, things never really picked up after we all went into food coma's and passed out drunk for New Years. I can't say that because we have underage members. Anyway, WE'RE BACK! AGAIN! So this is my post outlining my overall objectives I'd like to see us achieve as a group in 2016. I'm going to set these rather low for the most part, but there'll be a couple of big ones. There's a TL;DR list at the bottom if you don't want to read my waffle.

So my first objective is pretty straight forward. I'd like to see us get 50 active members on the forums. There's currently 19 registered at the time of posting this thread, so we're almost half way there in registered users. We just need some more activity! So get posting people! This is something I'm hoping will improve once our regular activities recommence, which also ties in to objective 2.

I'd like to see us return to have a full (16 player) lobby by the end of this season's racing. Either on Forza or Project CARS, doesn't matter, we've had it before when it was RGL and I believe we can get back there with a bit of effort on everyone's part. We need to make it a welcoming community with quality racing, so remember to keep it civil.

At the moment, it's not much of a secret that a heavily played game for us is GTA Online, I'm sure we've had (and will have) plenty of highlights, so my third objective is to get four social night highlight reels together for our upcoming YouTube channel. Funny moments, Screwed Moments (yes, they're back too), anything goes as long as you think it's highlights worthy! Also, objective four, everyone join the crew! We still have plenty of members listed as RGLA members who need to switch over to TSGC!

Some of you will be aware we are planning some episodic content of some variety, while things are still in the early stages at this point, I'm making it an objective to get a pilot episode or short film onto the YouTube channel before the year is out. We've got a few ideas so I'm sure we'll be able to get one of them done!

Another big one we really want to see happen is getting a Rocket League league up and running. Not sure how we'll go with this one but we're going to try since Forza removed soccer and we need a replacement!

A big plan for later in the year is looking more closely at establishing the Screwed Gamers Cricket Association and firing up the Crunch Time League on Don Bradman Cricket. We started a league a while back but never really got 100% into it because we started at the tail end of the cricket season. Not this year though!

Lastly, and the only reason I put this last is because I'm not particularly big on FIFA (I only get it every second year), we're going to look into the possibilities of getting a Screwed League up and running on FIFA. The full details won't be available for a while, this is just a rough plan at the moment, pending interest levels.

TL;DR?

Get 50 active members onto the forums
Get a "full" lobby of drivers by season's end (read: 16 drivers)
Make four GTA social night highlight reels
Get all former RGLA crew members into TSG crew (it's TheScrewedGamersCrew in-game in case you were wondering)
Make one GTA short film/episodic pilot
Rocket League League
Form the Screwed Gamers Cricket Association and start the Crunch Time League (on Don Bradman Cricket)
Form the S-League (on FIFA)
Content, content, content! Videos, articles, livesteams! ALL THE THINGS!

Other things on the horizon as potential objectives depending on how we track with the above include:
Getting 100 members
Growing the community to PC and PS4 players, broaden our genre base from racing and sports games
Content, content, content! Videos, articles, livesteams! ALL THE THINGS! (it's worth mentioning twice)
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
My focus this year is towards doing things that will hopefully help build the community whether it is through CANZ or other games. First and foremost, getting the current community of gamers here, playing together more regularly will also help in other areas.

GTA is the main game outside of racing that everyone just about owns. It is going to play a big part in TSG over 2016.

Although I am drawing back on a number of personal commitments, as my kids are getting older, my level of personal time is becoming less. In a few years this may sway back in my favour, but for now, while I will do what I can to help in a range of areas, it will take one or two others to step up and help if some of these targets are going to be achieved.

My suggestion would be for the Rocket League to start out in a social capacity, having game nights where teams are put together at random and play best of 3's. Then use these for footage/promo stuff and then run a league.

I dare say for the foreseeable future I won't be getting Don Bradman (unless it is a bargain purchase at some point).

Hopefully once we get racing this will see some of the other areas pick up some traction.
(02-15-2016, 10:41 AM)z00lu Wrote: I dare say for the foreseeable future I won't be getting Don Bradman (unless it is a bargain purchase at some point).

Given DBC14 is still quite expensive to buy new at this point, unless you can find a cheap preowned copy I don't like your chances.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(02-14-2016, 02:25 PM)Scav3nger Wrote: Get 50 active members onto the forums (we're up to 37 registered, so we're on the way to at least getting that number in registrations)
Get all former RGLA crew members into TSG crew (it's TheScrewedGamersCrew in-game in case you were wondering)
Make one GTA short film/episodic pilot (GTA series has taken a back seat to z00lu's Minecraft project for the time being)
Rocket League League
Form the Screwed Gamers Cricket Association and start the Crunch Time League (on Don Bradman Cricket)

Mid-year update on how we're tracking so far. Green is achieved, orange is progress, black is outstanding. Still waiting on a few people to accept their TSG Crew invite before we can tick that one off.

Got a couple more things to add to the list, potentially to replace/superseed a couple of others:
Make four Rocket League highlight reels (Best plays/Biggest Fails/etc)
Achieve an 8 team Rocket League competition

And one for me personally:
CANZStats active by years end (more about this in another thread later)

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(02-14-2016, 02:25 PM)Scav3nger Wrote: Get 50 active members onto the forums
Get all former RGLA crew members into TSG crew (it's TheScrewedGamersCrew in-game in case you were wondering) <<<< I think we're still missing a few people though
Make one GTA short film/episodic pilot
Rocket League League

Other things on the horizon as potential objectives depending on how we track with the above include:
Getting 100 members
Growing the community to PC and PS4 players, broaden our genre base from racing and sports games
Content, content, content! Videos, articles, livesteams! ALL THE THINGS! (it's worth mentioning twice)

With the year coming to a close it's time to round this one out and consider where we go in 2017. In the above list, the green is achieved items, the orange is items in progress, the red is items not achieved and the blue is abandoned items.

Pretty fair to say it wasn't a successful year, but at the same time I think we struggled a little with nailing down a direction we really wanted to go. In 2017 we aim to have a better compass and have our bearings set early in the year.

We'll be starting the discussions on all the fronts after the New Year, so keep an eye on the forums and make sure to get involved in the discussion when the time comes.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻