Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[V8SC] Stewards Briefing - Round 4
Round 4, Rio National, Stewards Briefing
June 2nd, 2016

Teams and drivers are advised of the following information contained within:
Qualifying Procedure
Starting Procedure
Corner Cutting and Track Extending Ruling(s)
Pit Entry and Exit

All information contained in this stewards briefing is created with the purpose of ensuring we have stable events, so CANZ administrators appreciate that everyone follows this information along with adhering to the CANZ sporting regulations.

Qualifying Procedure:
Qualifying for Round 4 of the CANZ V8 Supercars series will be a timed session of 15 minutes. No shootout session or group split will be required for this circuit. Please spread yourselves out on circuit to avoid dirtying others laps through drafting.

Starting Procedure:
For the first race, a standard start will be used. Should a reverse grid race be run, a standing manual start will be used to set grid positions.

Corner Cutting and Track Extending:
For this round we are seeing our first advisement of track limits, specifically focusing on the chicane section of the circuit. All drivers are advised that the line through this section must see two wheels on circuit at all times. Anyone taking out the tyres and spreading them across the circuit will earn bonus points on their penalty tally (not really... unless you're Caderz)

Please observe the following images:
[Image: YjJlqie.png]

[Image: Ae4zSKQ.png]

In the above, image one is considered a legal path across the kerbing, while image two is an example of a penalty incurring cut (taking the tyres out with it). Two more examples of corner cuts are included below.

[Image: YE6XqC0.png]

[Image: CpXWx6w.png]

Pit Entry and Exit:

For pit entry, please communicate early that you will be entering the pits as it does break off from the racing line rather rapidly and may see drivers slowing towards pit entry. As always you cannot pit at the end of the first lap unless you have damage, and you must not pit on the last lap and finish the race in the pit lane.

For pit exit please observe the following images:
[Image: 1zSFBDg.png]

[Image: 7qyhXqv.png]

[Image: RLSAooN.png]

To avoid incidents on pit exit, the far right "lane" painted on the ground will be the feed-in lane for traffic exiting the pits to get up to speed. Vehicles exiting pit lane must stay to the right side of the circuit until the line breaks just after the symbol on the road pictured in image three above.

Any questions, pop them below!
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
"Any questions, pop them below, otherwise I'll see you all tomorrow night and let's have a good race to start the season!"

Tomorrow, hmmm... busy...
(05-09-2016, 10:11 AM)hyboi Wrote: "Any questions, pop them below, otherwise I'll see you all tomorrow night and let's have a good race to start the season!"

Tomorrow, hmmm... busy...

My bad, copied from a previous one, forgot to update that bit since I usually post them a day before the race Tongue

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
So there's nothing against running over the unmarked cobble, such as the exit of turn 3 I think it is?
[Image: rrmsig_zpslkmqwh3b.png]
Well you cant avoid it considering the predicted racing line goes through the cobble stone if you are talking about the 90 degree turn after the left sweeper
Even if those memories make me sad, I have got to go forward believing in the future. Even when I realize my loneliness, and am about to lose hope those memories make me stronger. Im not alone. Because of you. - Rin (Shelter The Animation)

Shelter is so wonderful and beautiful Heart
I think it would be too much to ask to have us avoid that section of cobble stone, and as drifter says, part of the racing line and doesn't give you a dirty lap when you go over it. The other sections warrant stricter controls though
If it was going to be monitored, it would be listed Smile I thought about the outside of turn... 3? I guess it is. But decided against it as the cobble protudes into the area I would have considered "track surface".

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Fair call, I think it's faster to avoid that anyway, could see some interesting lines again from me through there
[Image: rrmsig_zpslkmqwh3b.png]