Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Date Changes/Round Movements
The recent discussion in the V8SC thread has prompted me to open a discussion on date changes, how they should be arranged and what the processes should be because organising the moving of the Bathurst round of V8's has turned into a bit of a mess.

Firstly I think we need to establish a ruling on requesting date changes. I'm open to suggestions on this but I'm thinking some form of application for a date change should be put forward in the forums.

We will also need to establish what happens if other drivers are not available for the proposed date(s). On this I'm thinking if equal or greater numbers (i.e 2 request a change and 3 are unavailable for the proposed date) then the change would not go ahead. As we've always tried to accomodate drivers to have the optimal grid size we'll need to preference the people who are able to stick to the provided schedule.

We'll need to look at how many times this can be applied as well. I want to be lenient but we want to keep the schedule as much as people so people are able to plan around it. In saying that I'm thinking every round should only be able to be moved once and if a late or last minute issue comes up preventing other drivers from racing they'll unfortunately have to miss out.

Lastly, and this is something I'll be bringing up when I start the 2017 discussions after the enduros are over, we'll start looking at how we can schedule rounds better in 2017 so everyone can plan ahead as much as possible. We'll look at this more after next week (or the week after depending on when Bathurst get's rescheduled to).

Happy to hear your thoughts on this as I want to be able to accomodate everyone.

Currently proposed ruling:
Any race can be changed once provided the following conditions are met:
Proposed date does not clash with an existing event
Greater than 50% of the field agree to the change AND the change does not affect equal or greater numbers of drivers
Admin/Series Organiser approval for the change of date is granted
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻