Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TSG's Soccar Championships - Season II
(11-23-2016, 02:08 AM)Chaos 7h30ry Wrote: option 5: can we push for earlier starts? it does reduce conflict between events example: have two games from 8pm to 9pm and a third game at 10:30pm or jus go with two games for the week?

my opinion is that would benefit most people, however if there is a problem like Al not being able to play before 9pm, then we can postpone those matches to the next day or so on.

also on another note this week people may have had other agenda's on and that was short notice but it will better prepare people for next week if you are online at least on 15 minutes before commencing the matches, it ensures everyone is good to go at the time you guys set

As much as i like the idea of earlier starts, i think that is going to be too hard to achieve for many people, but also we would still be trying to get matches done by a specific time. This reduces the amount of opportunity we have to get games streamed or captured to create content, and it wont be as enjoyable because we will all feel pushed for time

Also currently our player pool hasnt got enough reliable people in there - every week we need at least two subs even on a night that has no scheduling confilcts. Since the draft there is only one or two teams that have played with ther original roster.....

A an example for me my ability to play Thursday nights is going to be very difficult. Tuesday is my best option, followed by maybe Wednesday's. Others may have the ability to play any night, making catch up matches an easy option for others it is not.

I feel we need reliabilty first, then work out a schedule that best suits those players that fall in this group.
While we have got through two seasons so far, but it has been frustrating to see so many subs required to get matches over the line. Understandably everyone has lives of their own and personal things come up unexpectedly. This isnt something we should expect everyones lives to revolve around.

Some perspective:
A lot of this has come about due to a clash with other gaming schedules (with foresight this could be avoided)
Timing for this season and trying to squeeze it in this close to years end has contributed to where we are at
Trying to please everyone regarding comp equality and scheduling will be impossible

Messages In This Thread
RE: TSG's Soccar Championships - Season II - by z00lu - 11-23-2016, 02:33 AM