Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[V8SC] Stewards Report - Round 6
As there was no stewards briefing for Round 6 I'm proceeding to the stewards report here.

Incident Log for Round 6:

Round 6, Infraction #1
Car #2 (MRN3Drifter) has received a further 5 point penalty for number box infringement, the driver is again referred to the following: http://screwedgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=52 which clearly states:

Quote:With all number boxes you must use the box provided and not alter it in any way. This is a CANZ-wide requirement for consistent number box design across all cars. This is our promotional material, the only one we will ever force on our drivers, your coorporation in adhering to these requirements is appreciated.

Round 6, Infraction #2
Incident involving Cars #86 (hyboi) and #67 (Clasified Hunter) on lap 15 of race 1 was investigated post race. Though no video evidence of the incident was able to be analysed (thanks to Forza's still useless replay system), a proper ruling and penalty could not be determined, however, the loss of position for Car #86 as a result of the incident has declared a penalty be applied. Under CANZ Sporting Regulation Article 5.5.4:

Quote:Drivers that are approached by a vehicle or vehicles that are preparing to lap them must move off the racing line at the earliest convenience and allow the vehicle(s) to pass unhindered

The issue of minimap dots and their appearance for vehicles that are not on the same lap is a valid concern, however, this incident occured with the third vehicle on the lead lap. Car #17 and Car #2 had already passed and lapped Car #67 while stopped at the second chicane (turns 4 and 5), but the subsequent attempt by Car #86 to pass the lapped vehicle caused a loss of both time and position at a stage where Car #67 should have noted that faster cars were lapping. The stewards have declared a 10 point penalty be applied to Car #67, and make it clear that the penalty could have been worse if sufficient video evidence was available.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
While I agree with the findings (in particular the second incident), going forward in order to improve things, we can all assist in avoiding such incidents totally with added communication.

If we were to have our time again during this race I would suggest the following could happen:

As Scav and Drifter were the first to lap Hunter, as they managed their passes, one or both of them could say "3rd place is not far behind" or "lapped traffic ahead" which would help drivers involved to be more aware.

Hyboi would then know that it is lapped traffic ahead and could also inform Hunter he is closing in on him, and Hunter in turn can ensure he is off the racing line earlier and let Hyboi know.

I have done this on many occasions where I would warn drivers to be cautious, whether it be an incident on track or to let someone know faster drivers are approaching as I have passed a slower car (I know it hasn't been often that I get to pass lapped cars but....).

We are here to enjoy our racing and helping each other out wherever possible is best practice.
Not that I care about points but you are giving me a penalty for that with no video evidence...

Just to add my 2 cents...although I did not mean to hold up anyone and if I knew someone was coming I would have given way...

But to add what you wrote "must move off the racing line at the earliest convenience and allow the vehicle(s) to pass unhindered"...

Now when I was pretty much called for blocking was at the exit of the 3rd chicane...so if I remember right I was kind all over the place going through there as it was constant left right...so really going through a chicane like that which racing line is a driver ment to get off...to people ment to driven off the track to allow people past...

But as I said I don't mind and accept the penalty as I'm just driving for fun...if blue flag was mentioned over the mic I would have moved over before the chicane... So this is just my thought on this.
I won't go into detail my response as I feel it would do more harm than good, but I'll sumarise to say that the only reason a penalty was applied was because a driver on the lead lap lost a position as a result of avoiding a collision with a lapped car that could have been avoided, whether through better communication or better awareness doesn't really matter. Whether there's video evidence or not hyboi was disadvantage as a result of the incident.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
But again...there is no evidence in this besides people's words. What's to say he didn't make a mistake himself and blame it on me...ect ect...

As I admitted fault is was clearly guilty on my behalf...but I'm thinking of future incidents.

I would still like to here your response on the view.
Via pm if you want.
I got footage i will share it tonight
Even if those memories make me sad, I have got to go forward believing in the future. Even when I realize my loneliness, and am about to lose hope those memories make me stronger. Im not alone. Because of you. - Rin (Shelter The Animation)

Shelter is so wonderful and beautiful Heart