Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TSG Rocket League draft concept
With the 2016 Pre-season Cup underway, I want to open up discussions about team salary caps and drafts. The concept is to see some level of fairness in the skill level of the teams involved, to avoid the best players stacking to one team and forever dominating any competitions being run. The hope is that this will also add further depth to the game with game day strategies and recruiting prowess coming to the fore.

While we can't determine what the salary cap will be as yet, we will be working on making it low enough so that generally each team can only afford one high level player, or two mid level. Either way it is unlikely you will be able to pick exactly who you want if they are good performers.

There are some rules being drawn up in regards to drafts and team selection, but for now, I would like to hear more from anyone taking part, and pointing out any issues you may see with a system like this, such as potential loop holes, players being selected by a captain/coach that they would struggle playing with/for.

Any ideas and suggestions welcome so that we can cover off on them with rules and tweaks to the system. It may take until later this year when we have completed two seasons in order to get it right, but starting off in a good position is best.

To help kick start here are some ideas I am floating around this space:
  • Introduction of proper registration forms (not relying on forum posts for this) that will enable us to capture more information about players
  • Registration forms would include a section for players to request a preferred team/captain and/or players they would want to join
  • At the completion of each season players can request to stay with a team, otherwise they enter the draft pool
  • Lowest finishing sides from the home and away season play off for additional salary cap space while top teams compete in a finals series
  • All new players recruited will be worth the set minimum value (yet to be determined).
You can only captain a team (this includes taking on any of the available franchises as a new team) if you have played a minimum of 4 matches. While this isn't directly part of drafts and salary caps it does have an affect on proceedings.

Things to cover off on are rules around subs and what happens if a player quits the competition - I feel any player that does so cannot return until at least the end of that season.

Over to those who wish to have a say:
So I am gathering by the sheer volume of responses to this thread and the competition format thread posted by Scav, that either everyone is happy with what has been put forward, or that people will start making suggestions too late into the process which will no doubt make things difficult for everyone? So to clear things up below is what will happen next:

At the completion of the finals tomorrow night, we will commence with plans for the next full season, including establishment of the salary cap and tweaking of some rules.

Once a date has been set for the start of the next season, all players wanting to compete, will be required to fill out a proper online registration form - even if you have registered on the forums here. At this point, players will be able to provide all the key information, which includes listing preferences for teams/players they would like join. This form will be made available soon after the announcement for the season start.

Current captains have the option to decide if they wish to stay in this role, while other players can submit a request to captain a team (as part of the registration process). League admins will decide how many teams will be permitted to play as well as approve or decline requests to captain a team.

Following that, there will be a draft where players are picked into sides. Once you are allocated a team, you are locked in to that team for the remainder of the season.

Remember this is aimed at being a fun, social competition so hopefully you get to play alongside someone new and get to know each other better as gamers - makes for a bigger, stronger community.

Lets see how many responses come from this.......
I'm happy with any rules put forward...ill just be there to pick up the MVP's Wink