Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YouTube content for TSG
So attempting to bring discussions from the FB chat over to the forum regarding race replays and other YouTube content to help build the community, here is my take on a few things:

Here is a breakdown of time taken to creat the race replays I produced for RGL:

Footage capture: 30-50min per race
Initial editing: 2-3hrs per race
Graphic content: 1hr per race
Pre-commentary editing: 1hr per race
Commentary: 30min per race (not allowing for any stuff ups where you have to redo it)
Final edit: 30-40min per race
Render: up to 1.5hrs per race (this would vary depending on PC specs)

Then upload to YouTube .......BUT;

In order to have championship standings etc accurate on the video, all stewarding needed to be complete and all database entry upto date. This also meant allowing time to settle any disputes with stewards findings.

At the height of it all, I was doing two races per round with approx 2-3 week gaps, so you add all that up, then try and fit that into your weekly routine.

Going forward, the option of doing it all live via spectator mode will only work with Project Cars unless Turn10 fix the Hud in Forza. Obviously doing it this way and reducing the graphic content to bare minimum will enable replays to be created much faster. This also applies to Rocket League.

Next year if there is any chance for me to do some videos of project cars I will.

OTHER CONTENT:

With the DVR system on the Xbox, we now have the opportunity to easily share moments in games that we could compile for top ten plays and/or fails for various games we play. An example would be someone scoring an awesome goal in rocket league, then getting the Xbox to record it. As soon as possible after that, you can share the video with whoever is compiling them to make a full video of such moments.

But again this needs someone to champion it and make it happen. Obviously it needs to be someone with a capture card. It would mean picture quality is slightly reduced but it's better than nothing.

I could very well do most of these things listed above, but I have dedicated a lot of my time over the past 8 years towards such things, and I have other things I want to do, including game more (something you can't fit in if all you are doing is creating YouTube content like this)

Happy to hear suggestions on different ways forward

Messages In This Thread
YouTube content for TSG - by z00lu - 09-09-2016, 12:38 AM
RE: YouTube content for TSG - by MRN3 - 09-09-2016, 12:54 AM
RE: YouTube content for TSG - by Clasfied Hunter - 09-09-2016, 01:19 AM
RE: YouTube content for TSG - by MRN3 - 09-09-2016, 01:25 AM
RE: YouTube content for TSG - by z00lu - 09-09-2016, 02:52 AM
RE: YouTube content for TSG - by Brute x Magicz - 09-09-2016, 07:11 AM
RE: YouTube content for TSG - by Scav3nger - 09-10-2016, 04:40 AM
RE: YouTube content for TSG - by CrashCaderz - 09-11-2016, 02:06 AM
RE: YouTube content for TSG - by Scav3nger - 09-11-2016, 02:35 AM