Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TSG Soccar Season II Pre-Planning
[Image: SoccarSeasonII.png]

Hello Everyone,

Just a little update to keep you guys up to speed on planning for Season II. So far we've got a few ideas down for how we'll work the system for the next season, however to test the ideas we need to start getting numbers together so we have an idea of who's playing and who's interested in captaincy, so we can trial our ideas and see which one works best. The form has three options this time:

Gamertag - Speaks for itself
Self Skill Appraisal - Where you can select a tier you think you play at
Captaincy Interest - Whether you are interested in captaincy opportunities or not. Answering yes to this does not guarantee you will be a captain, just whether you may be interested should we need more captains.

At the following link you'll find the registration form for Season II, below that I'll outline our ideas that we'll be trialling over the coming weeks once we get some idea of numbers.
http://screwedgamers.com/season-ii-registration/

Firstly, and probably most importantly, as we've already acknowledged previously Season I's format was not a very good idea. Teams were hastily thrown together with little to no communication between captains (and some players) regarding who was playing with who and how salary caps worked. So we've scrapped that idea and will be looking at two alternatives which I will outline for your input now.

Option A: Standard Draft

A standard draft would see all captains jump into a party chat (or online chatroom should any PC players with no access to Xbox Live sign up we'll need to organise an alternative, cross that bridge if we come to it though) and cycle through the player list starting from the last placed team to finish the previous championship to the top picking one player each. After each team has made their first selection, the process repeats from the bottom, and proceeds to the top until all players are rostered to teams. The remaining players will become substitute options.

An example from Season I's results would see the selections taking place as follows:
Pick 1: Marauders
Pick 1: Spartans
Pick 1: Sharks
Pick 1: Devils
Pick 1: Raiders
Pick 1: Knights
Pick 2: Marauders
Pick 2: Spartans
Pick 2: Sharks
Pick 2: Devils
Pick 2: Raiders
Pick 2: Knights

Option B: Serpentine Draft

A serpentine draft would see the captains make their selections in a serpentine fashion rather than a rotating order. In this version we would have to work out in which order we would do it but an example would be as follows, again as per Season I results:
Pick 1: Marauders
Pick 1: Spartans
Pick 1: Sharks
Pick 1: Devils
Pick 1: Raiders
Pick 1: Knights
Pick 2: Knights
Pick 2: Raiders
Pick 2: Devils
Pick 2: Sharks
Pick 2: Spartans
Pick 2: Marauders

At this point in time it should also be pointed out we're looking at increasing the salary cap for teams 5 and 6 on the ladder (Spartans and Marauders) to 1.2 million to give them a bit of extra headroom if they would like to try and take advantage of it.

We'll trial both these options in both directions to determine which is best for generating balanced teams. Of course if anyone has any other ideas or suggestions, feel free to fire them through to us.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Messages In This Thread
TSG Soccar Season II Pre-Planning - by Scav3nger - 09-24-2016, 05:46 AM
RE: TSG Soccar Season II Pre-Planning - by z00lu - 10-14-2016, 02:32 AM
RE: TSG Soccar Season II Pre-Planning - by z00lu - 10-14-2016, 10:31 AM
RE: TSG Soccar Season II Pre-Planning - by z00lu - 10-16-2016, 09:45 AM
RE: TSG Soccar Season II Pre-Planning - by z00lu - 10-18-2016, 01:56 PM
RE: TSG Soccar Season II Pre-Planning - by z00lu - 10-20-2016, 12:25 PM
RE: TSG Soccar Season II Pre-Planning - by z00lu - 10-22-2016, 04:06 AM