Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing CANZStats!
Before I begin I must stress the point that this is still very early days in the process, what I am about to show you and open discussions about is not final.

Introducing CANZStats, a web based stat tracking platform for the CANZ Racing Community!

[Image: CANZStatsHomepage.png]

The progress of the last couple of weeks has been a slow build up to today. I started the foundations of the new system on Friday after a few weeks of planning and a moderate amount of internal discussion between z00lu and myself. It is still very much early days in development but I'm sharing the concept imagery with you guys to start getting some community input and ideas for the system.

To briefly explain some of the information we'll be keeping track of, I must first share the concepts for the driver profile and the circuit information:
[Image: CANZStatsDrivers.png]

[Image: CANZStatsCircuitPage.png]

Remember these are concepts, while the final result will look similar, there will be differences in the end product. I got these concepts to the point in which I was confident I knew the overall direction I was heading before moving on to another section of the system.

I believe you'll be able to get the gist of it from the images, but just in case, here's some of the information we'll be keeping track of using CANZStats:
Race Starts
Wins
Championships
Lap Records
Pole Positions
Your global points earned (across RGL and CANZ)
Total distance travelled
Laps completed
Percentages, lots of percentages. Win %, DNF %, Podium %, Pole %, Pole to Win %, and more

We'll also be keeping track of some global stats including things like the total number of races, overall distance travelled, number of championship points earned, champions crowned, among others.

Close observers of the Driver Profile page will see that medals are back. RGL veterans will know that we'd planned a system during 2014 but it never quite came to fruition due to the upkeep of manually updating driver stats AND medals. Well now the new system will be able to keep track of all that information for us and update medal tally's when race results go into the database! Much easier and less maintenance for us admins.

We are also keen to put into place the ability for drivers to update their gamertag/alias when they change and have all records update accordingly, specify whether they want to share their real name on their driver profile page or not, and update their profile image using a small profile backend. Though this is not 100% confirmed at this time, it's a stretch goal for now.

There's also other sections that will feature on the site that I'm not revealing. You'll have to wait until I'm done to see them live, these images are just a teaser. However if you have any ideas for things we should consider tracking, or features you'd like to see, post them up and I'll see what can be done.

Note: These stats are not real, I just used placeholder information for visual reference.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Looks pretty good Scav,

I like the idea of the xbox style wheel for percentage complete of an achievement thing.

The blue looks good, nut sure if swapping the white for black on the background would make it a little less in your face if surfing the net?
(07-05-2016, 08:08 AM)hyboi Wrote: The blue looks good, nut sure if swapping the white for black on the background would make it a little less in your face if surfing the net?

Are you referring to the overall background of the page? Or the background of the inner section? I've already got plans to have a selection of background images on rotation (adapting in resolution with the rest of the page for our mobile friends of course!) to use instead of a flat white.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
* at night.

Yeah, was referring to the over all back ground, but if you have rotating images that will break it up. Was just a lot of white.
Great work Scav. If you can nail even half of what you have planned, it means a lot less focus on continually maintaining the website to ensure it is up to date. Adds that next level of depth to the CANZ experience.
At the moment the main focus is on the basic driver stats and circut information as pictured. I have other plans that I concepted but I'm not showing anything further off until I explore the possibilities. I don't want to overpromise anything.

If anyone has any images they'd like to offer up as backgrounds, feel free to send them through. Source images must be 1920x1080 so I can downscale them to needed sizes for smaller screens/mobile users.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Just popping in here to give you guys an update. I've got user registration working, and I'll look at ways I can tie that to the forum accounts in future so you don't need to login to two separate accounts all the time (at the moment I need the registration to be separate for the assignment submission). I've also got account update working, so you'll be able to update your password, you email address, and your display name (though if I'm able to tie it to forum registration it'll be only the display name you'll be able to change as the password and email will be pulled from the forums database). Next on my list is getting the admin panel up and running so I can start working on the backend side of things. Creating competitions, modifying and adding results, et al.

All in all, I'm making progress and look forward to getting it operational by years-end.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
This is great stuff Scav. I would wager many here past and present wont realise the mountain of work that goes into what you are doing. To get this up and running will be massive and I realise it is early days as testing is required to see if anything breaks etc, but if ever there was something we all wanted to add further depth to the online racing experience, this would be it.

Fingers crossed it all keeps moving along smoothly for you. Look forward to seeing it come to life.
I'm happy to setup a development version for anyone that would be interested in helping me test things out. Might still be a couple of weeks before I have basic operations up and running (creating teams and competitions and so forth) but can definitely set one up for you guys to start taking a look at where it's going if you're intested in helping me test it out and report bugs/errors.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
You know ill be happy to help out and check how your work is going!