Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TSG's Soccar Championships - Season I
[Image: SOCCAR_Season1.png]
Welcome to Season I of The Screwed Gamers Soccar Championships!

After a successful pre-season the real business kicks off at the start of August, and if our pre-season was any indication we're in for a corker of a first season. Many of the players and teams from the pre-season are expected to return, some with new line ups or joining new teams, but still with the same fire to burn up the pitch.

What's new in Season I?
This season we're introducing the salary cap. As previously indicated all players now have a player value, team captains will need to pick a team that fits within the salary cap at the start of the season (prices will fluctuate as the season progresses). All information relating to the salary cap can be found in the rules below.

Captains will be given a week to choose to relinquish captaincy should they no longer wish to lead their team, at which point all players will be released into the transfer pool. It will be the responsibility of the captains to find players for their team, be it through approaching players or being approached. Anyone who took part in pre-season playing three or more complete games, or took part in BYOT I, is eligible to become a captain. The transfer window will open on the 20th to give captains enough time to get themselves organised and have a chance to look through the current player values.

Current Franchises:
Beckwith Angels - (Pre-season Captain: Woebegone6, not returning as captain)
Midnight Raiders - (Current Captain: MRN3Drifter)
The Titans - (Pre-season Captain: Archalees Prime, has already informed of intention to relinquish captaincy)
Second Degree Sharks - (Current Captain: Scav3nger)
Wasteland Devils - (Current Captain: Chaos 7h30ry)

Expansion Franchises once the above are filled:
Mannfield Marauders - (Current Captain: None, though z00lu used this team name during BYOT-I)
Junkyard Dogs - (Current Captain: None)
Knights of Utopia - (Current Captain: None)
The Spartans - (Current Captain: None)
Utopia Magic - (Current Captain: None)

To view all franchise logos, head to this thread: http://screwedgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=68

[b]Season Timeline:

[/b]Rounds 1 & 2: Aug 2nd
Rounds 3 - 5: Aug 9th
Rounds 6 & 7: Aug 16th
Rounds 8-10: Aug 23rd
Mid season break (two weeks)
Rounds 11 & 12: Sept 13th
Rounds 13 & 14: Sept 20th
Finals series:
Qualifying & Elimination finals: Sept 27th
Preliminary Finals: October 4th
Grand Final: October 11th

[b]Team Information:

Maximum players: 4 (3 + 1 Substitute)
Salary Cap: $1 Million (Your three main players must fit this salary cap, the substitute must not see the cap exceed $1.3 million)
New Player value: $150,000

Match information:
Matches are to be played on home grounds as per fixtures when released.

Mutators:

Match Length: 10min
Max Score: Unlimited
Boost Strength: 1x
Respawn Time: 3 seconds

All other settings must be set to DEFAULT.

Reschedule information:
Should a team need to reschedule a game due to two or more players being unavailable (including the substitute), it will be up to the captains of both teams to organise a night to reschedule the match provided it is rescheduled before the next round is due to take place. If a reschedule is not able to organised by this point the team that was unable to field their team at the initial game will be given a forfeit.

Should a game-wide issue cause games to be unable to be played the round may be rescheduled.

Players can now register using the following form on the website:[/b]
http://screwedgamers.com/tsg-soccar-seas...istration/

Current Captains:
Midnight Raiders: MRN3Drifter - Sweeper*
Knights of Utopia: NuclearNinja23 - Attacker
Wasteland Devils: Chaos 7h30ry - Attacker*
Second Degree Sharks: Scav3nger - Attacker/Sweeper*
Mannfield Marauders: z00lu - Sweeper
The Spartans: Alsimo
Utopia Magic: TBA

Sub pool:
ollie9394 - Midfield
Hypershadow19 - Sweeper

Official Team line ups:

Second Degree Sharks
Scav3nger ($317,000) ©
Clasified Hunter ($247,000)
Im SlinnShady ($368,000)
Total Salary: $932,000

Wasteland Devils
Chaos 7h30ry ($597,000) ©
Unuseddragon488 ($202,000)
Hell5pawn77 ($109,000)
Total Salary: $908,000

Midnight Raiders
MRN3Drifter ($218.000) ©
xXFuriousWolfXx ($580.000)
Brute x Magicz ($325.000)
Total Salary: $555.000

Mannfield Marauders
z00lu ($309,000) ©
deadx89 ($215,000)
MrDaddyDavis ($130,000)
Total Salary: $654,000

Knights of Utopia
NuclearNinja23 ($150,000) ©
NuclearMajor69 ($150,000)
XDrinkTilDeathX ($150,000)
Total salary: $450,000

Utopia Magic
Woebegone6 ($266,000)
x06 The Doc 06x ($187,000)
Shredder1985 ($150,000)
Total: $603,000

The Spartans
Alsimo ($150,000) ©
workingdata5140 ($150,000)
True Zola | 25 | ($205,000)
Total: $505,000

Any questions? Fire them through below!
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Is TWTP gonna be a team or do we have the join one of the teams above?
At the moment we're trying to fill our existing franchises/teams.

Soccar Championships will probably be using this format but BYOT's will still exist and once we've got some more numbers we'll look at running both Soccar and BYOT concurrently as full seasons (instead of one-night BYOT's right now).

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Anyone who hasn't signed up is a mug, takes less that 10 seconds to fill out, for some great nights of gaming.
[Image: rrmsig_zpslkmqwh3b.png]
Also the idea behind the salary cap is to hopefully even out the playing field a bit more, but to also see more of us gaming with and against different people to help create a more inclusive community. As Scav has said, we will look at a byot season soon as we know people still want to team up with specific people/friends. Ideally we need 15-18 people willing to mix it up with each other to make this first season fun and successful.
Could we also look at the idea of teams picking the colour (between orange and blue) that best suits their actual team colours?

E.G. Wasteland Devils whenever possible should be orange, while the Sharks and Marauders would be best using Blue. (The marauders are mainly purple). If the Sharks played the Marauders we would decide on preference before the match.

Thoughts?
(07-19-2016, 12:42 AM)z00lu Wrote: Could we also look at the idea of teams picking the colour (between orange and blue) that best suits their actual team colours?

E.G. Wasteland Devils whenever possible should be orange, while the Sharks and Marauders would be best using Blue. (The marauders are mainly purple). If the Sharks played the Marauders we would decide on preference before the match.

Thoughts?

Home Team should get the preference to choose their team colour to make it easy on everyone. Don't worry so much about preferencing colours because most teams should pick the colour they prefer.

The above registrations are now confirmed, captains will be able to choose from the players above ensuring they fit within their salary cap. If a player has indicated a preference to remain with their pre-season team the captain of that team will have the opportunity to retain them before any other offers can be made from other teams (these players are now indicated with an asterix above). The transfer window is now open for players and captains to form their teams.

You will have until July 26th to complete your roster and post it below, also indicating player values and total team salary. I've included my team below as an example as we will be remaining unchanged for Season I (as both players indicated they wished to remain with the team and I'm quite happy with the line up).

Second Degree Sharks
Scav3nger ($317,000) (Captain)
Clasified Hunter ($247,000)
Im SlinnShady ($368,000)

Total Salary: $932,000

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Wasteland Devils
Captain: Chaos 7h30ry $597,000
Unuseddragon488 $202,000
Hell5pawn77 $109,000
Total: $908,000
Midnight Raiders
Captain: MRN3Drifter ($218.000)
Player 1: x06 The Doc 06x ($187.000)
Player 2: Alsimo ($150.000)
Total Value ($555.000)
Even if those memories make me sad, I have got to go forward believing in the future. Even when I realize my loneliness, and am about to lose hope those memories make me stronger. Im not alone. Because of you. - Rin (Shelter The Animation)

Shelter is so wonderful and beautiful Heart
Mannfield Marauders
Captain: z00lu ($309,000)
Player 1: deadx89 ($215,000)
Player 2: MrDaddyDavis ($130,000)
Total Value ($654,000)

Sub: ollie9394