Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[V8SC] Yas Marina Corkscrew
Sad 
Getting the wheels turning with a massive 2:08.9xx
Tongue
2:07.2 on a standing lap with the apparently shit CotA tune.

E: Fastest lap after 5 laps: 2:01.9 with the right setup and enough practice I'm sure a sub 2 minute lap is possible.
E2: Lap times at night seem faster. 2:01.1.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Using a new baseline setup that is radically different to my CotA tune I decided to run a race simulation tonight to work out how many laps we'll be doing (14 and 7 is the answer). Fastest lap was a 2:01.868 set on the 12th lap, took me a good 8 or 9 to get used to the new handling. Further adjustments now neccessary to get rid of the boatloads of oversteer I'm now getting.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I did 5 laps for a best of a 2:05 at daytime. A lot of work and practice to come. Some of the corners do feel like the flowing corners from the Alps track which the Ford was a rocket on.
(08-27-2016, 11:16 PM)hyboi Wrote: I did 5 laps for a best of a 2:05 at daytime. A lot of work and practice to come. Some of the corners do feel like the flowing corners from the Alps track which the Ford was a rocket on.
If that's the case I might just start with the Alps tune
[Image: rrmsig_zpslkmqwh3b.png]
Prob wouldn't hurt, so the big ones to worry about are those couple of hairpins/chicanes.
So loaded my Alps tune and improved my lap time by about 2 seconds straight away, but no where near the 2:01's people are talking about. This was also on the daytime version.
Going from my CotA tune to the new baseline has dropped me from high 2:01's to low 2:03's. Mind you I've set a gentleman's agreement in place not to lower the Merc past 11cm to hopefully balance it out a bit. Whether or not I'm able to make up the time in other areas remains to be seen but I'm not fussed if I don't because I'd take a good fight over a clean run any day. I think that's why I enjoyed the CotA race 1.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
So I'm into the 2:02:7's on the rivals leader board. I seem to be faster there than doing laps under tuning.
Got it down a little further. Tried the night track, so much more grip.