Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Competition Formats
I wanted to start up a thread where we start looking at some competition formats that vary the gameplay from the format we used in the pre-season cup. While we will be using this format for the foreseeable future as a main competition in an attempt to balance the teams we would like to explore some options for alternative competitions.

So, here's what we've come up with so far:

Salary Cap Mode - Teams will have a salary cap, at the start of the season they must draft players into their team based on fitting their players into the salary cap. New players will be given a base salary allowing them to fit into almost any team.
No Limits Mode - Salary Cap restriction is removed, 3v3 teams can be structured with any players desired (mutators: match length 10 minutes).
No Boost Mode - Players must learn to play without the trusty boost (mutators: No Boost, match length 5 minutes)
Zero Gravity Mode - Extreme tyre saving and rocket boosting (mutators: no gravity, infinite boost, match length 10 minutes).

Feel free to provide your thoughts, ideas, and suggestions!
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I think it is going to be difficult to get everyone to cooperate and follow the salary cap mode, but I believe in the long run it will provide the best competition both in evenness and socially.

The no limits mode would be ideal for say State of Origin matches or perhaps a 'friendly series' where people bring their own teams and everyone plays each team once with a basic finals series....th loser no limits mode is to salary cap, the less likely salary cap mode would be successful, because by nature we will want to play on the same team as those you are most comfortable with, or with more successful players.