Modern Hatchback, using any C class hatchback
Mini Cooper Classic
Bring Your Own (A Class) Series
MX-5 Cup
RS200's, an old classic
Classic F1 using the 1976 vehicles
TCC using any vehicle from the WTCC or BTCC
Formula Ford (EcoBoost 200), likely a support series

All green labels are the cars we tried. Though with only 5 of us there it was hard to get an accurate reading on the types of cars that would create close racing with a larger group. If I personally had to rank each of the above from least-to-most-encouraging I'd probably have to say:

BYO A Class
RS200's
MX-5 Cup
Formula Ford/Ecoboost 200
Classic F1

I was actually quite surprised by the classic F1's for their driveability, they felt really good at the limit and made it easy to tell when you were pushing it too hard. Deadx would also likely confirm that even one who hasn't done much driving of late found them relatively easy to drive, even around a circuit like Spa. Ultimately I'd be leaning towards either open wheen option, the Ecoboost with the road package made them slightly more difficult to drive (less aero, though the aero itself doesn't have a huge impact on a car like that) but trying them in both packages would probably be the go.

In the end, I think we'll need another night to really nail down which one we want to go with, but at this stage I think we can pretty much put A Class, RS200's and MX-5's off the table based on the reception they received tonight.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017 Series Test Night - November 3rd - by Scav3nger - 11-03-2016, 02:07 PM