Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[V8SC] Press Paddock
Bumping this thread back into action.

How was your race this week?

The races weren't too bad for us this week, it was a bit messy through the field but we did our best. If you were to ask us if we were dissapointed with the results I'd have a mixed response.

Were you dissapointed with the results?

Yes and no. It was a good result given the safety car ruined our strategy. But it was a good result to get on the podium and good to see Woebe getting back up the field for our challenge for the teams title. After setting pole for race one it would have been nice to take the win but pole and fastest lap will have to do.

What was the team's plan coming into today's race?

We committed to the 2nd lap pitstop after testing earlier in the week. We knew the cars pace improved as the stint went on, and the lap times once we got clear of the traffic after the safety car proved that with the fastest lap coming on, I think, the penultimate lap; I'd need to check. Woebe's strategy was blown wide open by the setup change at the last minute and he took advantage of the safety car to make his pitstop.

What are some things the team are looking at moving forward?

Improving the tuning setup, we had some independant testers try it out and apparently it was shocking so either these other guys are all freaks or I'm a freak, probably the latter, but hey, no doubting the speed the car had during the race so the evidence isn't conclusive either way!

What was your highlight of the race?

Probably the lap I set trying to chase down the leading pair, I wasn't pushing for a lap that fast, it just kind of happened. An unexpected surprise.

Did you generally like Circut of the Americas? Or did you feel as though a better circuit could be run? If so, which circuit?

I wasn't keen on it coming into the round, but in the end it wasn't a bad race. It's probably not in my top 3 circuits that we've used this season, but it's also not in my bottom 3. No doubting that a lot of the drivers would like to see old stomping grounds like Road America return in place of the rubbish like we saw at Rio.

What are you looking forward to most about the next race?

Probably the fact that we're going to be racing at night. This circuits a fantastic choice for it, given the lighting setup. The challenge to set the car up for both conditions is going to be an interesting one, expect to see faster times in the night race!

We're getting close to the end of the season, two questions for you, who would you say has impressed you the most and least? And what's the SDR plan for next season?

Interesting question, I'd say Drifter has probably impressed the most, he's been quick all season. Caderz you expect to be quick most of the time, he's been on the money since 2014 and was probably the benchmark coming into this season, but Drifter has really jumped up in leaps and bounds this season.

As for SDR's plan for next season? We'll need to wait and see what category we're racing first!
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Messages In This Thread
[V8SC] Press Paddock - by Scav3nger - 03-10-2016, 09:25 PM
RE: [V8SC] Press Paddock - by Scav3nger - 08-26-2016, 01:15 PM
RE: [V8SC] Press Paddock - by deadx89 - 09-13-2016, 02:31 PM
RE: [V8SC] Press Paddock - by CrashCaderz - 09-22-2016, 08:40 AM
RE: [V8SC] Press Paddock - by MRN3 - 09-22-2016, 09:47 AM
RE: [V8SC] Press Paddock - by Alsimo - 09-22-2016, 10:14 AM
RE: [V8SC] Press Paddock - by Scav3nger - 09-23-2016, 03:51 AM
RE: [V8SC] Press Paddock - by MRN3 - 09-24-2016, 04:07 AM
RE: [V8SC] Press Paddock - by MRN3 - 10-13-2016, 08:17 AM