Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TSG's Soccar Championships - Season I
(09-14-2016, 12:39 AM)z00lu Wrote: Firstly congratulations to the Knights of Utopia who are the champions of Season I. While it came as no surprise, they showed that skill and great teamwork can get the job done.

Yes, well done guys a flawless season showing us the kind of skill and consistency that comes from playing together and learning each others strengths/weaknesses. As I said in the captains chat, you've set a new skill bar.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(09-14-2016, 12:39 AM)z00lu Wrote: I would also like to see a rule introduced that prevents teams from bringing in a sub whose player value is outside a certain range of the player being replaced. E.G. A player worth 300k subs for a player worth 95k....

I realise this could make things harder again to get a sub in, but if we limit team numbers so we have more subs potentially available, that could help in this area.

Might as well use bots on all star then, also on limiting teams we have only 6 how much can we limit to and wouldn't that contradict what you guys are trying to do by getting more traffic through?

And a suggestion a player pool of 3 top tier players, mid tier players and rookie tier players for complete fairness
Quality over quantity would be my first port of call regarding team numbers. While more teams should equal more traffic, this won't necessarily happen unless those involved in the series are active both here on the forums and the website. Hence quality first.

As we saw when we stretched things to cater for 7 teams, we struggled to find subs when players couldn't make it. When Magic dropped out, we then had up to three fairly reliable subs available.

I realise my suggestion on the subs is very difficult, and I wouldn't expect to see anything implemented right now, it is merely a suggestion to look at as we go.

We will definitely look at the tier suggestion chaos when assessing the draft process. More input on this would be good from yourself and others. How do we define the tiers? Base it on player value ranges?
Nah you base it on everyone's skill because you can't get a fair reflection on how people play through the values considering the points don't tally up on the defensive side example of playing these people and seeing where they should go is like this

Top tier
Myself
Nuclear major
Drinktildeath
Brute
Furious
Drifter (floating between)
Scav(floating between)

Middle tier
Unuseddragon488
Zoolu
Zola
Workingdata
Alsimo
Slinn
Nuclear ninja

Rookie tier
Woebegone
Doc
Hell5pawn77
Shredder
Daddy Davis
Dead X
Classified hunter

This would mean that whichever team you go you will be paired with a player of quality, a mid quality and a rookie evening all teams out, this is jus an example. As for subs ot would balance it all out provided the actual players play more than subs or limit how many subs you can make during the season. Also it should be noted that teams should have subs the day before or by the morning for the reason that other teams can then adjust to it and make the pool random so no one picks who they play with that way you will then see different players in teams
We will have a look at this as we go through the planning. I realise it will always be difficult to establish accurately who should be in which tier as many factors determine a players performance.

Perhaps we could look at doing a separate event alongside the BYOT challenge, where we have a mini comp with teams consisting of three players based roughly on your list above and see what happens.....it would be an interesting exercise at least.
It's an idea and I feel I shouldn't be captain any longer I'm jus going to be a player from now on too much responsibility for me Wink
Ultimately I'm not convinced that the salary cap idea is ready to be thrown away so hastily. This season was not reflective of how the system should be working, especially around the lead-up events to the season (drafting and organising teams).
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Again it will lead to inbalance in teams but that's my two cents
well...

maybe a bit more time should be spent on the salary and try out different teams under the salary and try and make it so no 3 good players can be on a team together. About half of the players who have played so far are good maybe you just need a good amount, not too big, not too small

EDIT: Well I see the Nuclear team and my team were both above the salary so that already makes it closer but I feel like Scav's team was better than the rest and of course their team had the 3rd highest salary.

Maybe trying out a season where teams are made by someone who makes all the salaries as close as possible and try that out although some salaries don't reflect players as other players in their team do everything *cough* furious *cough*
We are working out a way to get most balanced teams possible. If you do have an idea, comment here and try to be detailed in how it could work and we will take it into consideration.