Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TSG's Soccar Championships - Season I
Ok here it is

this is based on if you can get all 21 main players back next time.

Salary: $1,100,000

Team 1:
$1,086,000
NuclearMajor $795,000
Hellspawn $133,000
Doc $158,000

Team 2:
$1,072,000
Furious $672,000
DaddyDavis $171,000
Deadx $229,000

Team 3:
$1,067,000
NuclearNinja $583,000
Woebe $243,000
Dragon $241,000

Team 4:
$1,066,000
Chaos $560,000
Hunter $238,000
Data $268,000

Team 5: 
$1,066,000
xDrinkTillDeathx $431,000
Archalees $307,000
Zola $328,000

Team 6:
$1,057,000
Alsimo $367,000
z00lu $351,000
Brute $339,000

Team 7:
$1,035,000
Slinn $389,000
Drifter $290,000
Scav $356,000

I done that pretty quickly and this is what my focus was on: 
Team 1,2+3 have 1 player who is extremely good so they got the majority of the lower rated players. Team 4+5 had one player who stands out from the other 2 but have decent skill. Team 6+7 are more of the middle players where they have steady skill ratings on all 3 players hence why their overall salary is lower than the teams above.

Now there is this issue, with the teams being like this and equal, Major, Furious and Ninja are not going to be happy as no offence to the lower players but they may become frustrated if they keep making mistakes costing them the game.

With all this, it would mean for one all players are in a team so there isn't any subs to pick meaning an all-star ai would be the only choice to 3v3. Or 6 teams if 18 people want to play full-time which could be bad for balancing if it is the lower waged players
(09-15-2016, 06:35 AM)Alsimo Wrote: We are working out a way to get most balanced teams possible. If you do have an idea, comment here and try to be detailed in how it could work and we will take it into consideration.

thought i did Tongue
You did. haha. Great idea, we will have a play around with it and see how it goes.
(09-15-2016, 06:01 AM)Brute x Magicz Wrote: maybe a bit more time should be spent on the salary and try out different teams under the salary and try and make it so no 3 good players can be on a team together.

Hence why I said it's not a system that's going to get hastily thrown away. We said coming into this it might take a couple of seasons to get it right and if it still isn't working then we'd defer to other options (including as we did during pre-season, allocating all players to teams manually).

Quote:I feel like Scav's team was better than the rest and of course their team had the 3rd highest salary.

We had the salary closest to the cap coming into Season I, but only because the three of us balance each other out. It's common for either Hunter or myself to have an off game and for the other to pick up the slack. When Slinn had an off night the last week of pool play I balanced it out by moving forwards more to support.

(09-15-2016, 06:57 AM)Brute x Magicz Wrote: Team 1,2+3 have 1 player who is extremely good so they got the majority of the lower rated players. Team 4+5 had one player who stands out from the other 2 but have decent skill. Team 6+7 are more of the middle players where they have steady skill ratings on all 3 players hence why their overall salary is lower than the teams above.

This is, of course, based on your own analysis of what tier of skill each player is at. Chaos listed both Drifter and myself as floating on the lower edge of top tier, something which I do not consider myself to be.

Quote:Now there is this issue, with the teams being like this and equal, Major, Furious and Ninja are not going to be happy as no offence to the lower players but they may become frustrated if they keep making mistakes costing them the game.

That's an assumption, and quite honestly I'd be disappointed if I started hearing rumblings along these lines as we're not competing for sheep stations.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(09-15-2016, 11:14 AM)Scav3nger Wrote: This is, of course, based on your own analysis of what tier of skill each player is at. Chaos listed both Drifter and myself as floating on the lower edge of top tier, something which I do not consider myself to be.
Actually scav3nger, everything I posted up there was based on the salaries of all games played so far what I said has nothing to do with what chaos said. I based the worst players by the ones who have averaged the lowest scores per game in the matches.

About them being fustrated, even then. They want to have their friends playing with them seriously, who would want to play with 2 people who are not (no offence) rated highly but also have possibly no friendship with them or dont like them all together?
my list isnt set from best to worst my list was who i thought first lol
(09-16-2016, 09:21 AM)Chaos 7h30ry Wrote: my list isnt set from best to worst my list was who i thought first lol

I was specifically referring to the fact you said I was "floating between" top tier and mid tier. While Brute pretty clearly reckons I'm mid tier.

(09-16-2016, 09:20 AM)Brute x Magicz Wrote: About them being fustrated, even then. They want to have their friends playing with them seriously, who would want to play with 2 people who are not (no offence) rated highly but also have possibly no friendship with them or dont like them all together?

So let me ask this then. What's the worse outcome? People potentially being frustrated because they're playing with people of "lower skill" or entire teams quitting because of the fact the TWTP guys are so dominant? Don't get me wrong, if a majority of you want it gone we'll scrap this salary system all together and just make it BYOT all the time and you can deal with TWTP competing together again next season.

It's up to you.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(09-16-2016, 12:56 PM)Scav3nger Wrote:
(09-16-2016, 09:21 AM)Chaos 7h30ry Wrote: my list isnt set from best to worst my list was who i thought first lol

I was specifically referring to the fact you said I was "floating between" top tier and mid tier. While Brute pretty clearly reckons I'm mid tier.

(09-16-2016, 09:20 AM)Brute x Magicz Wrote: About them being fustrated, even then. They want to have their friends playing with them seriously, who would want to play with 2 people who are not (no offence) rated highly but also have possibly no friendship with them or dont like them all together?

So let me ask this then. What's the worse outcome? People potentially being frustrated because they're playing with people of "lower skill" or entire teams quitting because of the fact the TWTP guys are so dominant? Don't get me wrong, if a majority of you want it gone we'll scrap this salary system all together and just make it BYOT all the time and you can deal with TWTP competing together again next season.

It's up to you.

I don't think the salary system is even that bad like hey, no matter what happens or how much people cost, the right people who have chemistry in the way they play will always mean even equal salary teams wont keep it even. (also people getting better at the game)

For worst case, we lose the TWTP guys if they don't like it. Although people may see these guys as a nuisance, they show players of this community how great teamwork and play style can annihilate competitions even tho they were 3 skilled players against teams with only 1 maybe 2.

Also I heard something about Furious and Chaos playing the TWTP guys? If we can arrange them to play while i'm at my mums, I would love to 3v3 them. Us 3 have good chemistry and play well together, I reckon we can give them a good fight
(09-16-2016, 02:54 PM)Brute x Magicz Wrote: I don't think the salary system is even that bad like hey, no matter what happens or how much people cost, the right people who have chemistry in the way they play will always mean even equal salary teams wont keep it even. (also people getting better at the game)

The whole idea behind it is to even it out over allowing people to pick and choose their own "strongest lineup". Yeah, if we had open selection you, Chaos, and Furious might be able to go toe-to-toe with TWTP but that would also mean both of your teams would dominate if they went up against a team like the Marauders.

Quote:For worst case, we lose the TWTP guys if they don't like it.

All indications I've had to this point says this isn't the case. After BYOT I we had a chat and I explained how the salary cap system was (intended) to work, they seemed interested in the idea. The fact that they were allowed to play together because I had a loophole in the rules that allowed it to happen was not intended. But also the team forming stage didn't exactly play out as I'd expected either (with teams forming with very little communication between captains/players and the TWTP guys not really factoring into it at all until they submitted their registration as a team), hence the reason for looking towards a one-night draft over a week-long trade period.

Quote:Also I heard something about Furious and Chaos playing the TWTP guys? If we can arrange them to play while i'm at my mums, I would love to 3v3 them. Us 3 have good chemistry and play well together, I reckon we can give them a good fight

There was a plan we were looking at potentially running after the final. Didn't get much past the planning stage though.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
We're happy to play with the salary cap system. We don't mind splitting up if gives the other teams a better chance. Also, this match between Furious/Chaos and us sounds interesting. We're up for it.