Screwed Gamers Homepage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TSG Rocket League Pre-Season Cup
Fixture is up for next week - rounds 4-6
Also check the website for two articles from rounds 1-3: Smashing the Stats and 5 talking points
On the website, most of you will be aware of the menu link "TSG RLC" which is your gateway to various pages relating to the Rocket League Pre-Season Cup. Keep an eye on this as there will be additional content added here. At the moment we have a page specifically for the next 3 rounds of the fixture, but the full list of games is also available so you can go back and see match results across the entire season.

For those unaware, if you click any active link contained in the fixtures e.g. Midnight Raiders vs Second Degree Sharks

(click the link and you will see)

You can view all the player stats from each match.

If things become more popular with Rocket League, we will look at better ways to make all the information around the competitions more accessible.

If you have any suggestions or requests put them through to Scav3nger and myself.
(04-30-2016, 11:47 PM)z00lu Wrote: If things become more popular with Rocket League, we will look at better ways to make all the information around the competitions more accessible.

If you have any suggestions or requests put them through to Scav3nger and myself.

I would go a step further and suggest that ideas and suggestions be posted publicly so everyone has a chance to provide input on ideas and suggestions. The more popular ideas can be ones that we can look into more than others.
[Image: signature_S5.png]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I'll update the last match from Tuesday tonight to complete the ladder. Scav will post a fixture for the finals soon after hopefully
Finals Fixture is as follows (all games to be played on DFH Stadium for finals series):

Semi Final 1:
Wasteland Devils vs. Midnight Raiders

Semi Final 2:
Titans vs. Second Degree Sharks

Grand Final:
Winner of Semi Final 1 vs. Winner of Semi Final 2

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
So the pre-season cup is run and won, congratulations to Wasteland Devils.

To explain the Titans vs SDS decision that was made last night for those not aware:
The 2nd Semi Final between Titans and Second Degree Sharks was riddled with connection issues and game crashes. The end result was a 6-5 win to the Titans in overtime but not before we had to restart the match from a 2-0 SDS lead after FuriousWolf dropped from the game. Slinn, who was not present in the party at the time the Titans players parked in their goals (as per the rules for asking for a hold to play), scored a goal just before Furious dropped out (he dropped as the next kickoff started).

We restarted the match and SDS was given a goal advantage to offset the lead we had lost. Two minutes into the restarted match my game crashed to dashboard and it took me approximately two minutes to get back into the match. From there we played out the game to 5-5 and lost in overtime after I had a lag spike while sitting in goal defence allowing a goal by Wolf to go straight past me (everyone else was still in orange half when the goal popped for me).

So consider the following before reading on:
The server issues we had in the first place caused connection issues for everyone
Different players were busy on different nights over the rest of the week meaning we couldn't reschedule in a reasonably short time frame
Furious lag out of game 1 after 2 and a half minutes
Myself crashing out of game 2 resulting in ~2 minutes of lost play
Lag spike in overtime of game 2 as goal was scored (evidenced by the fact I never moved to stop a ball I couldn't see coming)
Loss 6-5 in game 2 in overtime

There's a lot of ways the above could have happened differently had those things not happened, especially early on in a 10 minute match. The fact is, they happened.

Post-match Archalees offered a golden point overtime game as "on aggregate" we were still even since we only took back one goal from the 2-0 lead we had. But my own opinion was the 2-0 result was nullified when we restarted the game and Titans had earned the win, adding on the fact they never needed to give goals back on the restart as it was not outlined in the rules.

So, to put it bluntly, was it ideal? No it was not an ideal night, by any means. I was playing this tournament, and will be playing future tournaments and seasons, with the idea of having fun and when it came to the crunch last night I was not having fun dealing with game crashes, disconnects, and lag spikes. That is I why I made the decision to accept the 6-5 loss and move on without worrying myself with aggregate goals, golden point, who should have won, or why a particular game should never have been stopped. Because that all takes away from the fun which is ultimately why we were all supposed to be here in the first place.

For those of you continuing on to Season 1, Second Degree Sharks will see you on the pitch. Congratulations again to Wasteland Devils.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Even now after you have explained Scav, it is only just clearer than mud as to what happened.

You hit the nail on the head in that we want to have fun as a priority. Fairness helps this and while last nights situation wasn't ideal, it is good that it happened so that we can tweak rules in case of similar issues.

That said, I vote the first rule change to be: if there are issues with game servers on the night of scheduled matches, they will be rescheduled.

We can design the fixture and spacing of rounds to allow more flexibility for such situations.

The other unfortunate thing that has occurred is the lack of match results from the match in question so we won't have ideal results for player values ahead of the draft, but we did feel it would take another season to get thing right anyway.

When I get a chance I'll add the results for the matches played last night and then we can commence with planning for season 1